For our key client in Brussels, we are looking for a DevOps and Automation Lead for a long-term assignment.
The role is based in Brussels. Most of the team resources are located in Brussels, and a few are in Paris. Hence some occasional travel to the Paris office may be needed.
Context of the mission
The PaaS Integrator role is to coordinate the activities that will enable the delivery of “Platforms as a Service” (PaaS) in an automated way and build capabilities for enabling DevOps and application hosting in the Cloud.
Initially, the mission includes
- Acting as a Scrum master for the team working on the automatic release deployment for the Middleware products used at the client ensuring coherence, and integration of the activities of the different sub-domains of Middleware and with the infrastructure teams.
- Contributing to the definition of the services and the automation of their delivery.
- Reporting on efficiency improvements.
- Liaising with the Middleware Release Management project team.
- Contributing to the evaluation of the feasibility and potential benefits of using containers.
- Contributing to the readiness of hosting applications in the Cloud (containers, micro-services, etc.).
- Agile and DevOps skills:
- Experience in automation with Tower-Ansible, GIT, TFS
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Azure Cloud is a plus
- Scrum master experience or skills
- Basic understanding of ITIL, ITSM or ITOM
- Continuous improvement skills
- Ability to step back and identify weaknesses / strengths of the client's processes
- Ability to define and roll-out process improvements (including tooling)
- Efficiency mindset
- Analytical skills: able to process a lot of information in a short period
- Experience working in a technical management position and in particular, with system engineering