StepStone - Computational Linguist / Hebrew (with knowledge of Java)
With over 24,9 million visits and more than 290.000 job listings each month,
we operate some of the most powerful online job portals in the European market.
And because we move fast and support innovation, we're always looking for new talents to reinforce our team.
Want to help change the world of recruitment today?
At StepStone we take great strides forward to stay the leading online recruitment marketplace. The answer lies in a combination of two important factors: market leading products and truly exceptional, driven and highly talented people. Do you want to be part of a company you can be proud of and help it growing? Then keep reading.
Where you will work
For our Search Team, we are looking for a Computational Linguist with some experience in Java development, and who is a fluent Hebrew speaker. You would be helping us to bring StepStone's powerful search engine to the Hebrew market.
With over 260,000 jobs, 8.1 million Cvs, 13.6 million active subscribers and 25.4 million monthly visits the data is big, and the challenge is even bigger. We need a dedicated and creative professional to develop advanced technical solutions for our search engine and help take it to the next level of quality. The search team is split across offices in Brussels and Berlin, so you will work in an international environment with a team of experienced and like-minded colleagues. We are looking to fill the position in either Brussels or Berlin.
- Collaborate with a team of Java developers, computational linguists, and data scientists to scope out and develop smart search features for the Hebrew market
- Use your knowledge of NLP and Java to find technical solutions that combine performance and quality
- Work iteratively from concept to demo every Sprint
- Use your data analytics skills to analyze datasets and test results
- Keep our search engine state of the art by maintaining and improving existing components of our search stack
- You are a native or fluent Hebrew speaker, and you can work with Hebrew data in a professional context
- You hold a degree in Computational Linguistics or Natural Language Processing, or you have professional experience with NLP, Machine Learning, or Text Analytics
- Strong working knowledge of object-oriented programming in Java
- Experience in at least two of: natural language processing, machine learning, data mining, semantic search, information retrieval
- You are communicative and driven, and like to work collaboratively with a team of like-minded individuals
- Fluent English speaker (working language)
- Previous experience in software development in a professional context is a plus
StepStone is a company with clear goals and visions. We focus on growth through innovative solutions, service quality and qualified employees.
From the very first day at StepStone you will be welcomed and supported by a cooperative team. As part of our training concept, you will receive basic training for your work and the recruiting market during your first weeks with us.
In addition, we offer an attractive, performance-led remuneration package and the opportunity to tackle the task with above-average development opportunities and long-term perspectives in an innovative environment. In the team, everyone can benefit of 15 days of innovation or training time per year to work on a research project, get familiar with a new technology or try out a new idea!
We look forward to receiving your application in English.