StepStone - Junior Java Backend Developer
With over 24,9 million visits and more than 290.000 job listings each month,
we operate some of the most powerful online job portals in the European market.
And because we move fast and support innovation, we're always looking for new talents to reinforce our team.
Want to help change the world of recruitment today? At StepStone we take great strides forward to stay the leading online recruitment marketplace. The answer lies in a combination of two important factors: market leading products and truly exceptional, driven and highly talented people. Do you want to be part of a company you can be proud of and help it growing, then keep reading.
Where you will work
For our Search Team, we are looking for a Junior Java developer with some experience, a prior training or at least a proven interest in search engine technologies and a focus on performance and scalability aspects in Java. With over 260,000 jobs, 8.1 million CVS, 13.6 million active subscribers and 25.4 million monthly visits the data is big and the challenge is even bigger. We need a dedicated and creative professional to develop advanced technical solutions for our search engine and help take it to the next level of quality. The search team is split across offices in Brussels and Berlin, so you will work in an international environment with a team of experienced and like-minded colleagues.
- Making sure the search engine backend is running at its optimal performance
- Turn business requirements into working products - design, code and refine your solutions
- Write clean, scalable, maintainable and easy-to-read code
- Work in sync with other team members; share knowledge, suggestions
- Coordinate work with other teams to make things happen (quality assurance, Web design, Product Management)
- Self-driven, proactive and fast learner
- Willing to take full responsibility for your product
- Strong object-oriented programming knowledge, and willingness to work with Java
- Very good command of English required, other languages like German, French or Dutch are a plus
- Some aspects are not required but would be a strong plus
- Aware of performance and scalability aspects
- High performance / multi-threaded / distributed algorithms
- Understanding of fundamental search engine concepts; Lucene, ElasticSearch, Solr or Java-based search engines;
- Familiarity with or interest in Agile or lean development methodologies
- Good command of Linux operating systems
StepStone is a company with clear goals and visions. We focus on growth through innovative solutions, service quality and qualified employees.
From the very first day at StepStone you will be welcomed and supported by a cooperative team. As part of our training concept, you will receive basic training for your work and the recruiting market during your first weeks with us.
In addition, we offer an attractive, performance-led remuneration package and the opportunity to tackle the task with above-average development opportunities and long-term perspectives in an innovative environment. In the team, everyone can benefit of 15 days of innovation or training time per year to work on a research project, get familiar with a new technology or try out a new idea!
We look forward to receiving your application in English.