StepStone - QA Engineer - Search Engines
With over 24,9 million visits and more than 290.000 job listings each month,
we operate some of the most powerful online job portals in the European market.
And because we move fast and support innovation, we're always looking for new talents to reinforce our team.
Being one of the largest German digital enterprises with around 3.000 employees worldwide, operating on 24 markets, our every day mission is to bring both jobseekers and companies together to find the "perfect match".
Want to help change the world of recruitment today? At StepStone we take great strides forward to stay the leading online recruitment marketplace. The answer lies in a combination of two important factors: market leading products and truly exceptional, driven and highly talented people. Do you want to be part of a company you can be proud of and help it growing? Then keep reading.
Where you will work...
As QA Engineer - Search Engine (m/f) you will be part of an expanding international R&D team working in a fast-paced and innovative environment. The team you will join oversees building the search engines behind every site of the StepStone Group.
You are able to make intelligent trade-offs, know when to escalate issues, and proactively identify risks. You enjoy delving into complex systems, and you have an understanding of problem isolation. Moreover, you have experience in writing test plans or test matrices, QA testing methodologies, debugging, and you are familiar with defect tracking workflows.
- Take ownership of all QA activities concerning the search backend
- Mentor and assist the developers in your team to coordinate and implement automated tests
- Create evaluation plans and quality and performance reports for both the development and the product teams
- Enforce QA and testing among the team
- Coordinate QA topics with other Qas from other teams
- Review and critique software specifications
- Test and validate new features of the search backend
- Build new tools and frameworks to improve QA and development processes
- Strong knowledge of automated testing, Maven, continuous integration, code metrics, test coverage
- Firm grasp of testing methodologies
- Experience with JUnit or other test frameworks
- Fluent skills in at least one object-oriented programming language (Java preferred)
- Excellent teamwork, independent decision making, and written/verbal communication skills
- Willing to take ownership and deliver high quality products with reproducible results
- Analytical thinking, creative problem solving, trouble shooting, and attention-to-detail are a must
- Experience with evaluation of information retrieval systems is a big plus
- Knowledge of GIT, strong scripting abilities and Linux systems administration experience highly desired
- Fluency in English (working language throughout the company) is essential, other languages such as German, French and/or Dutch are a plus
StepStone is a company with clear goals and visions. We focus on growth through innovative solutions, service quality and qualified employees.
From the very first day at StepStone you will be welcomed and supported by a cooperative team. As part of our training concept, you will receive basic training for your work and the recruiting market during your first weeks with us.
In addition, we offer an attractive, performance-led remuneration package and the opportunity to tackle the task with above-average development opportunities and long-term perspectives in an innovative environment. In the team, everyone can benefit of 15 days of innovation or training time per year to work on a research project, get familiar with a recent technology or try out a new idea!
We look forward to receiving your application in English.
(Please also note that a valid residence & work permit for Europe are a prerequisite to apply.)