You are passionate about data and analytics, and you have a strong will to leverage (big) data assets in healthcare to gain new insights and add value for both the hospital and the patient?
UZ Brussel - the Brussels university hospital - is looking for a driven data expert who is prepared to work across technical and medical disciplines, and has a broad interest in Data Engineering as well as Data Science.
How will you make a difference?
- You will join the UZ Brussel ICT team that is responsible for a variety of data-driven solutions, from the Clinical Datawarehouse to innovating AI and Data Science applications;
- As a data engineer, you rely on a solid Data Ops framework to design, plan and monitor new data pipelines for a broad spectrum of use cases;
- You are also involved in building data pipelines for a new Digital Health Data platform, feeding data to guide AI and machine learning analytics;
- Besides your data engineering role, you will have the opportunity to experiment with predictive models to gain new clinical insights that lead to data-driven decision support in our electronic health record system, used by thousands of healthcare professionals;
- You will cooperate in innovating research projects in the area of Data Science, in which UZ Brussel participates along with the Free University of Brussels (VUB);
What do we expect from you?
- You have a bachelor or master in science (engineering, computer science, ...);
- You have experience in Data Engineering or have the skills and motivation to work and learn in this discipline
- Of course, experience with Data Science in the medical world is a plus;
- Experience in an ETL / ELT environment and managing a Data Warehouse / Data Lake is certainly an asset;
- You are familiar with principles and methods of software development, and you can apply these to Python based data pipelines;
- You have a good working knowledge of Java and Python, you have worked with Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn or a similar API, and of course knowledge of SQL is a must;
- You have strong technical skills, and you are familiar with a.o. Linux, Docker, GIT;
- You are hands-on with a strong urge for tangible results;
- You are analytical, have good communicative skills, are a team player and can work autonomously;
- You have a strong sense of privacy and ethics.
What do we offer?
- A permanent, full-time (38 hours) contract.
- Covid or not, ample opportunity for remote work (up to 4 days/week);
- Fringe benefits:
- Supplementary pension fund;
- Hospital insurance, including compensation in outpatient care at the UZ Brussel;
- Guaranteed income insurance;
- Compensation of travel costs:
- Full repayment of public transport costs
- Bike allowance
- Kilometre allowance for cars
- Access to the car park at the hospital and remote car parks at exit 9 (Jette) and the research park in Zellik;
- Bike lease at interesting conditions
- Access to 'Benefits at work' for discounts;
- Reduced rates in the company restaurant;
- 27 days of paid holiday;
- Attractiveness and end-of-year bonus;
- You are in an application area with lots of variation and the latest technologies;
- You receive substantively varied challenges, and you work independently in a great team;
- You work in a challenging hospital organisation where you have space for personal development and evolution;
UZ Brussel works in partnership with the VUB and Erasmus University College Brussels to form the Brussels Health Campus. This campus, located between junction 9 of the Brussels Ring Road and Bois du Laerbeek, accommodates a childcare facility (complying with the system of the government agency Kind & Gezin), childcare in the holidays, a primary school, and a fitness centre.
Apply online via the button below.