V-IT is looking for a Hardware Project Lead, Antwerp area.
For the Telco Product Development Unit and the Next Generation Gateway Product Development Unit, we're looking for a senior Hardware Design Expert.
Since the hardware development is done in partnership with ODMs in Asia, the key responsibilities for the Hardware Design Expert are:
- Be involved early in the product design life-cycle, starting from supporting the end-customer RFI response and help defining the best hardware architecture choices for the end-customer, in close collaboration with the Hardware Architecture team.
- Translate the customer product requirements into hardware specifications towards the ODM.
- Drive the schematic and layout design with the ODM.
- Review and approve the CAD files.
- Check and approve the BOM and BOM cost.
- Define the hardware test plans and test methods, review and approve the hardware test results.
- Liaise with the rest of the internal team (e.g. mechanical, compliance, ...) to make sure the end product is meeting quality and cost targets. To stay on top of new technologies, the Hardware Design Expert also stays in close contact with IC vendors to follow-up on new ICs and to compare and benchmark solutions from different vendors.
- Master's degree (or similar by experience) in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 5 to 10 years relevant hands-on hardware design experience with preferably 2+ years in xDSL/LTE/xPON gateways, WLAN routers, set-top-boxes or tablets.
- Strong general RF background and solid experfience in high-speed PCB design and RF circuitry.
- Proven hardware design experience and expertise on at least 2 of following RF interfaces: 2.4GHz/5GHz WLAN, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Z-Wave, LTE, antennas.
- Knowledgeable on co-existence issues and solution related to the above mentioned RF technologies
- Familiar with Ethernet 10/100/1G, VOIP, USB1.1/2.0/3.0 designs and standards.
- Experienced in the regulatory aspects (EMC, EMI, ESD, surges,...) of a design.
- Experience in managing an external ODM-partner or major component subcontractor is a strong plus.
- Result driven team player and problem solver
- Strong communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Accustomed to work in a multi-cultural environment with teams spread over multiple sites
- Language: Fluent in English (oral + written) is a must, Dutch is a strong plus
- Other: Willing to travel to China/Taiwan for short periods
- Keywords: Telecom Telecommunication, gateway, tablet, hardware, RF
Duration: 6 months +