100% Remote Functional Programmer - Belgium
I am looking for a Functional Programmer who is experienced and / or has an affinity to work with Big Data, Software and IoT. Our SME client who have a bespoke Data Management & Data Configuration platform are offering an amazing 100% remote opportunity to reinforce the remote development team.
They have a relaxed R&D team so feel free to apply even if you don't match the requirements listed.
You excel at
- Working with members of multiple disciplines to develop features that address and achieve the high-level goals of the team.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Have a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an Agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team
- Breaking down your work into measurable and achievable tasks
- Writing clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Knowledge of one of the following functional programming languages (Clojure, Elixir, Swift, Erlang, ELM, F#, Rust, Haskell or Scala).
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience.
- Sound database experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant working experience.
- Ability to speak English in a professional context
Even better if you have
- Knowledge of Java
- Prior Data Streaming Experience
- Familiar with tools: Akka, Kafka Apache Spark
- Worked with MicroServices
- Working with Amazon AWS & DevOps
- Prior remote-working experience
If you are interested in this opportuntiy please apply to the role via the button below to be submitted to the vacancy. If you have any additional questions feel free to get in direct contact via the button below.