Volt - right job, right time, right now
Volt provides award-winning contract and permanent recruitment services, and managed service programmes. We have grown our services to provide innovative staffing solutions across a range of industries and skill areas, including IT & Telecoms, Digital Entertainment, Engineering, Finance and Life Sciences.
Our vision is simple: connecting talented people and respected companies across Europe.
Volt Europe - WebSphere Application Server Administrator
Our client is the pre-eminent provider of post-trade services.
For more than 60 years, they have worked in partnership with the biggest names in finance and banking.
They help the customers to be more successful by making it easier for them to settle domestic and cross-border securities transactions and safekeep your investments. We also help them manage the risks and exposures arising from their transactions.
The Division you will integrate is the Middleware & Frameworks Group
The Middleware & Frameworks Group within the company designs and develops, supports, and operates the communication and data management software tools and infrastructures. These enable integrating business applications with operating systems in a standardized way and whatever the Hardware platform (Windows, Unix, Linux, Mainframe, and Tandem) while enforcing "ities" (security, availability, operability, manageability, reliability, scalability, portability requirements). The group works in a Lean environment.
- Java application servers infrastructure design, automation, deployment, administration and support with a general expertise on Web technologies.
- You will work within the "Java Application Integration Services" team, with the objective to maintain and guarantee at group level the technical evolution regarding AS and Internet platforms infrastructure.
- This includes the following:
- Technical analyses and application design.
- Performance analysis and capacity planning
- Realise and document changes, evolutions
- Software installation, maintenance and infrastructure tuning
- Software Release management
- Technical environments administration
- Deployment & supervision tools scripting
- 2nd & 3thrd level of support for production incidents
- Watch duty role for production support
- Ensure compliance with security guidelines (Technical Security Standards)
- Security Vulnerability Management
- Technical Skills & experience:
- Implementation and administration of Internet infrastructures
- Integration of the IBM WebSphere Application Server version 8.5.5 & 9.0.0 products on Linux platform (WAS server, IHS Web server and Apache based Reverse proxy server).
- Knowledge in AIX HACMP, Linux Pace Maker, Security (OpenSSL and certificate management), Network DMZ and deployment method
- Required experience:
- WebSphere Application Server, JBoss EAP, Tomcat
- RSA Web Authentication agent for Apache
- Bash scripting and Ansible framework knowledge.
- Ansible Tower
- IBM WAS Certification
- Experience with Oracle Web Logic, Magic Software
- Personal Qualities:
- Good team spirit, ability to work together with different teams located in different sites
- Working experience in international organizations
- Flexibility and availability to participate on watch duty role (1 week out of 4)
- Willing to learn new tools and to share the experience
- Job location: Brussels North
- Start Date: ASAP
- Contract duration: 6-months renew