VOO is migrating from a L-MVNO towards a F-MVNO setup. To that end VOO is looking for a Mobile E2E Architect for its F-MVNO infrastructure.
Then Mobile E2E Architect is responsible for
- The development of the technical mobile strategy
- Translation of business requirements into technical requirements
- The selection and/or development of a technical solution/architecture
- That is compliant with the business and technical needs
- That takes into account the reality of the existing solution
- That takes advantage as much as possible of state-of-the-art/emerging technologies
- That is cost-efficient
The function of E2E Architect includes the following responsibilities. Development of the technical strategy of the domain he is responsible for:
- Align in a proactive way with product marketing during the project feasibility and strategy development phase
- Key contact person for all technical related matters both internally and externally towards suppliers
- Preparation of RFI/RFP documents towards suppliers based on own knowledge and expertise, combined with input gathered, analyzed and if needed, reformulated from the operational departments, which can be marketing, sales, technical etc.
- Review of the proposed solutions followed by making and presentation a recommendation for selection based on technologies used and going for a future proof approach, but while keeping in mind items as operational ease of use and impact on the existing systems.
- Assessment of the proposed solutions and presentation of a recommendation for selection based on a balanced evaluation of the performance of the proposed technologies , the future proofiness of the approach, also keeping in mind operational ease of use and impact on the existing architecture and platforms.
- Once a solution has been selected, monitor and comment on all design changes
- Create and review technical design documentation
- Check whether modifications are technically valid and determine (together with the project manager) the system impact
- Liaise with subcontractors, suppliers and the applicable departments on technical & integration issues
- Check if all integration issues with the existing deployed systems have been taken into consideration
- Work with the project manager to create the detailed planning and to create a business case
- Support the business/Process Analyst to create use cases/processes
- Ensuring, together with the integration manager and his team that the work performed and the solution implemented is in accordance with the Architectural Design and Specifications
- Act as technical project manager during the development and implementation phase to facilitate the progress of a project (complement the task of the project manager for technical matters)
- Knowledge transfer to all stakeholders
- Masters Degree preferably in engineering and/or IT
- Sound Experience in the majority of the domains listed below:
- Evolved Packet Core
- VoWifi & VoLTE
- Mobile Value Added Services (SMS, Voice Mail, ...)
- Circuit Switched Infrastructure
- International Roaming
- SIM cards & OTA
- Mobile Devices
- Lawful Intercept & Data Retention
- Integration with OSS/BSS
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar Architect role
- Experience with technical project management is an asset
- A proven technical knowledge of systems and networks
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Strong analytical and communication skills both verbal and written incl. presentation skills
- Team Oriented but ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work and communicate clearly in French and English
- Eager to learn about new technologies with a passion for everything related to Telecom
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies and to articulate the effect of technology on business.
- Capability of working in a stressful environment whilst being proactive and assertive
- Must possess vast experience in working collaboratively with (internal) Clients, Project & Process Managers, Marketing teams and Integration functions to ensure that proposed solutions are technically viable, appropriately designed and implemented.