VOO is migrating from a L-MVNO towards a F-MVNO setup. To that end VOO is looking for a Mobile E2E architect for its F-MVNO infrastructure.
Then Mobile E2E architect is responsible for
- The development of the technical mobile strategy
- Translation of business requirements into technical requirements
- The selection and/or development of a technical solution/architecture
- That is compliant with the business and technical needs
- That takes into account the reality of the existing solution
- That takes advantage as much as possible of state-of-the-art/emerging technologies
- That is cost-efficient
The function of E2E Architect includes the following responsibilities:
- Development of the technical strategy of the domain he is responsible for
- Align in a proactive way with product marketing during the project feasibility and strategy development phase
- Key contact person for all technical related matters both internally and externally towards suppliers
- Preparation of RFI/RFP documents towards suppliers based on own knowledge and expertise, combined with input gathered, analyzed and if needed, reformulated from the operational departments, which can be marketing, sales, technical etc.
- Review of the proposed solutions followed by making and presentation a recommendation for selection based on technologies used and going for a future proof approach, but while keeping in mind items as operational ease of use and impact on the existing systems.
- Assessment of the proposed solutions and presentation of a recommendation for selection based on a balanced evaluation of the performance of the proposed technologies, the future proofiness of the approach, also keeping in mind operational ease of use and impact on the existing architecture and platforms.
- Once a solution has been selected, monitor and comment on all design changes
- Create and review technical design documentation
- Check whether modifications are technically valid and determine (together with the project manager) the system impact
- Liaise with subcontractors, suppliers and the applicable departments on technical & integration issues
- Check if all integration issues with the existing deployed systems have been taken into consideration
- Work with the project manager to create the detailed planning and to create a business case
- Support the business/Process Analyst to create use cases/processes
- Ensuring, together with the integration manager and his team that the work performed and the solution implemented is in accordance with the Architectural Design and Specifications
- Act as technical project manager during the development and implementation phase to facilitate the progress of a project (complement the task of the project manager for technical matters)
- Knowledge transfer to all stakeholders
- Masters Degree preferably in engineering and/or IT
- Sound Experience in the majority of the domains listed below:
- Evolved Packet Core
- VoWifi & VoLTE
- Mobile Value Added Services (SMS, Voice Mail, ...)
- Circuit Switched Infrastructure
- International Roaming
- SIM cards & OTA
- Mobile Devices
- Lawful Intercept & Data Retention
- Integration with OSS/BSS
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar architect role
- Experience with technical project management is an asset
- A proven technical knowledge of systems and networks
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Strong analytical and communication skills both verbal and written incl. presentation skills
- Team Oriented but ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work and communicate clearly in French and English
- Eager to learn about new technologies with a passion for everything related to Telecom
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies and to articulate the effect of technology on business.
- Capability of working in a stressful environment whilst being proactive and assertive
- Must possess vast experience in working collaboratively with (internal) Clients, Project & Process Managers, Marketing teams and Integration functions to ensure that proposed solutions are technically viable, appropriately designed and implemented.