Our Agile Practice
The Benelux Agile Practice provides support for our client's local engagements, while working as an integral part of our European and global practices.
As our client is currently strengthening their European operations
Typical solutions deployed are:
- Assessing organizational readiness for Agile implementations
- Assessing the health of Agile implementations
- Leading multi-year Enterprise Agile Transformations
- Agile Coaching at team/program level
- Enablement of Agile delivery, including execution of Agile Training programs
Agile coach to work on client-site engagements, helping organizations to Transition to Agile, based on reference models and Best practices. Work actively with other Agile Coaches and accelerate Agile adoption.
- Guide multiple Agile teams and support our client on the Agile journey: works with cross-functional, distributed teams to achieve higher levels of agility and drives adoption of best-practices based on previous experiences.
- Play a crucial role in the adoption of the Agile methodology: supporting teams & management in reducing time-to-market and increasing business relevance of IT solutions by applying best practices of the Agile methodology
- Train/facilitate and mentor distributed teams in overall Agile/lean values/practices and specific frameworks/methods/way of working (Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, Safe etc.).
- Keep an eye on the solution implementation: assure that delivery is aligned with the overall vision and that reaching sprint goals brings visible benefits in terms of time-to-market and business relevance.
- Champion Agile core values and encourage their application to the largest extent: acts as an Agile change agent both internally and externally.
- Generate client interest in solutions other than the current, proactively positions the company for additional/added value work.
- Participates in proposals, creates content and/or solution. Ensures quality estimates, leveraging past data, experience, other forms of estimation, other teams, etc.
- Aligning the solution being recommended with the client strategic direction, managing deviations, and effectively communicating solutions and their justification to relevant stakeholders
- Can easily operate at CXO and board room level to help innovation and ensure the medium and long term strategic goals of the organization are achieved.
- Key Competencies:
- Seasoned Agile Coach with proven track record and rock solid, hands-on experience with Agile/lean transformations.
- The individual is a recognized thought leader who easily becomes the trusted advisor to our clients and facilitates the implementation of the project in line with agreed success criteria utilizing Agile/Lean (Scrum, Kanban, Safe and/or based on other industry standard frameworks), in a hybrid model allowing for large-scale, distributed delivery.
- The role requires demonstrable experience with Agile implementations at enterprise level, in large organizations, engaging from team to CXO levels.
- The day-to-day job of the Agile Coach will require working directly with the onsite/offsite teams and their stakeholders (including Senior and executive-level management).
- Most of these competences are needed for successful role fulfilment:
- Applied facilitation and mentoring skills, in particular at team and individual level for solving/removing impediments and improving productivity.
- Is capable of quickly becoming recognised as an ally of the team and can develop trust within the client organisation
- Large enterprise deployment experience in complex heterogeneous environments.
- Excellent influencing skills, in particular problem solving/troubleshooting activities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a resilient and flexible manner
- Is capable of becoming recognised as an expert within our client's organisation and can develop this profile within the client organisation
- Full software development lifecycle knowledge
- Exposure to end-to-end software delivery, project management and/or service management methodologies.
- Experience of on-site / off-shore delivery model
- Knowledge of Agile development tools and techniques.
- English language skills (written, spoken) are a pre-requisite. Other European language skills are an advantage.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant Agile Leadership/Consulting experience (including recent, active experience as part of an Agile transformation)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant Scrum Master/Agile Team Facilitator experience (with active experience as part of an Agile team)
- Hands-on experience in application development and maintenance, including Agile product development experience with planning, estimating, progress reporting and release management
- Experience in an on-site / off-shore delivery model
- Preferable good technical capabilities in any of the technology streams - Microsoft .NET, Java EE, SAP, mobile development (iOS/Android)
- Proven Business and IT experience ideally supported with relevant professional qualifications
- Mandatory Qualifications: CSM or equivalent (e.g. Psm)
- Preferred Qualifications:
- CSD or equivalent (e.g. Psd)
- CSPO or equivalent (e.g. PSPO)
- CSP or equivalent (e.g. PMI-Acp).
Travel within the Netherlands, and across different locations in Continental Europe is an integral part of this position