As an application support specialist, you will be managing and maintaining the software-test and - debug environment of the software development environment, in co-operation with the Infrastructure team, the internal customer and Test architect.
- Deliver support Software Test and Debug Environment based on Solaris and Linux (2nd line support and maintenance)
- Take ownership of the test environment as provided to the internal customer. The test environment supports more than 1000 software developers.
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users.
- Participate as technical expert in running projects within the IT Ccp St software group.
- Investigate and implement non-standard changes with a limited scope.
- Give support in solving difficult 3rd line incidents related to the test environment.
- Strong partner in discussions with test architect.
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
- At least Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Relevant experience and proven experience in large technical complicated development environments
- Knowledge of Scripting languages (Perl and Python)
- Knowledge of Clearcase, Clearquest is a pre
- Knowledge of Storage Solutions
- Knowledge of Databases: Oracle, SQL
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with:
- Software Test environments
- Software Development process
- Solaris and/or Linux Infrastructure
- Virtualizations techniques (Linux Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization or Solaris Ldom's)
- Able to handle issues from demanding customers in a professional way.
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude.
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible (occasional evening or weekend work) and committed to quality.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language.