Who Are We?
3E is a leading technology and consultancy company active in renewable energy with 20 years of history - read more below the vacancy text!
SynaptiQ is 3E's SaaS product, an independent, evolutionary software suite for asset management of renewable energy portfolios. SynaptiQ collects near-real time data of more than 5 million devices spread over 10 thousands utility scale and commercial solar and wind sites spread all over the globe. The added value realized by SynaptiQ is performance improvement and operational cost reduction for its Operations & Maintenance customers. The platform combines domains related to Big Data, high-performance processing, IoT protocols and AI and is the product of the interactions between a multidisciplinary team of developers, scientists, renewable energy architects, electrical engineers, and enthusiast sales that implement, operate and commercialize SynaptiQ worldwide.
Operating and designing a pipeline that can process a high amount of versatile time-series data and protocols in near real time is a contemporary challenge in terms of performance, scalability, maintainability and flexibility. So far, 3E developers pride themselves in having architected and developed a competitive data processing pipeline that is lean, efficient, scalable and that can be operated by a small team. The entire platform takes advantages of several programming languages and runtime environments such as Python, Bash, MySQL, Java, Clojure and Common Lisp. We like to refer to it as “energy efficient software with very low carbon emission footprint”.
We are looking for a talented Java developer who will report to the head of development and will also be working closely together with Sales and Operations. Your tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Taking ownership on the entire lifecycle of the high-performance concurrent data collection and normalisation pipeline written in Java, from the architecture and development of new features to its deployment and operation in production environment.
- Improving the traceability of the data that is processed and capture the configuration of the pipeline into a relational database.
- Scripting your way on the Linux Shell to analyse data or design small command line tools.
- Being available to support our client support team to help them troubleshoot the data load or configuration issues in situations that require a deeper technical knowledge of the platform.
- As you will grow in the job and obtain experience in the full operational stack: contributing to the REST API architecture of the front-end stack that is developed in Clojure.
Our Ideal Candidate
To take this important place in the team we are looking for someone with strong development skills who can take the lead on our high-performance data engine. An enthusiastic team player with good written and oral communication skills is exactly what we are looking for! Troubleshooting and problem solving is part of the game and stepping out of your comfort zone to learn new things is very welcomed. We would appreciate someone who can think technically with us from the start, setting out a roadmap and different scenarios from architecture to deployment. Proactivity is encouraged throughout the company.
What we are looking for in our new Java Developer:
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in ICT or similar.
- You fluently speak English.
- Performance and concurrent programming on the Java/JVM ecosystem have no secrets for you.
- You have experience in designing lean software architectures that scale.
- You can design efficient algorithms and implement your own code libraries.
- You have experience in maintaining projects and developing codes that pass the test of time.
- You can think outside of the box and like to understand the platform and domain as a whole.
- You have experience with Linux command line and Bash.
- Managing end-to-end deployment pipelines from the code repository to Linux servers is no problem.
- You have used SQL for relational domain modelling.
- You know about REST API design and have UI survival skills
Bonus points for :
- Knowledge about functional programming in Clojure(Script) or Lisp If this is not the case yet: eagerness to learn.
- Interest in Web UI development (e.g. React).
- Affinity with the domain of renewable energies.
- Knowledge of other languages
What we offer in return
Our offices are hidden in the centre of Brussels with a view on a pond, with ducks and a heron bringing a regular visit. In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a highly motivated group of people, 3E offers
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers (8 euros), representation allowance, company mobile phone & subscription, laptop, 32 days of vacation, a flex income plan.
- Sustainable transport: easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare, bicycle allowance.
- Flexibility, open-minded company.
- Home working
- An international environment: projects in over 40 countries worldwide, colleagues of 20 nationalities.
Are you interested in this position?
Awesome, we look forward to your application!
See you soon?