Be greater than.
Bring your talent and passion to a global organization at the forefront of business, technology and innovation. Collaborate with diverse, talented colleagues and leaders who support your success. Help transform organizations and communities around the world. Sharpen your skills through industry leading training and development, as you build an extraordinary career. Discover how great you can be.
Accenture - Big Data Consultant
The digital revolution is changing everything. It's everywhere - transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter?
Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the ForeFront of digital, you'll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
We are currently looking for a Big Data Consultant for our Digital Delivery practice in Brussels.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices -Mobility, Interactive, and Analytics.
As part of our Digital Delivery Analytics practice, you'll deliver analytically-informed, issue-based solutions that help clients make faster, smarter decisions. You'll play a critical role in helping them tackle complex business issues. You will be working jointly with strategists and technology experts from our broader digital community on consulting missions and implementation around analytics.
Big Data experienced professionals will be responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of a Big Data solution, including:
- Use case and business case development
- Vendor landscape and technology assessment (covering for example Hadoop, Map Reduce, NoSQL etc)
- Solution architecture formulation (including role of conventional information management platforms)
- Proof of concept execution to prove the value of Big Data use cases
- Full lifecycle implementation from requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment
- Assess emerging trends in Storage Access which includes the application of existing high performance distributed file system Storage technologies for use by applications in lieu to traditional relational database Storage methods
- We are looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to provide thought leadership, solution architecting and implementation experience for robust Big Data solutions for big data opportunities, and to grow big data skills and capabilities.
- Deep experience across systems integration, information management, data management and architecture, and business analytics
- Experience with large-scale, multi-release information centric projects
- Experience with waterfall and agile delivery approaches
- End to end implementation of at least 1 big data project using at least 1 of Hadoop, Map Reduce, NoSQL platforms
- Solution architecture development
- Vendor assessment
- Tco assessment versus using conventional Im platforms
- Deep design experience on high-scale or distributed systems (such as Hadoop)
- Implementation expertise with high performance distributed parallel file system Storage technology such Hdfs or similar.
- Implementation expertise with a distributed structured Storage technology such as Bigtable, Cassandra, Dynamo, Mongo or similar NoSQL solution.
- Deep experience with the Implementation of ETL, reporting, Business Intelligence technologies and high volume batch processing involving large data stores
- Design and implementation of a medium to large custom application data model
- Ability to support business development activities
- Preferred Skills:
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (e.g. Mapreduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, HBase, Flume)
- Hands-on experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout)
- Hands-on experience with "productionalizing" Hadoop applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning)
- Previous experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica)
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services Ec2, Elastic Mapreduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
- Knowledge of NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores)
- Professional Skills Requirements:
- Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
- Must be proactive and be prepared to address meetings
- Must show initiative and desire to learn business subjects
- Able to work independently and provide updates to management
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent problem solving skills; proven teamwork and communication skills
- Ideally, educated to degree level
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Trilingual: English and Dutch or French
- Readiness to travel in Belgium and abroad with varying intensity
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Your Future Working environment
If you join Accenture you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Next to our excellent terms of employment and fringe benefits, we invest considerable resources to provide on-going training that builds and extends professional, technical and management skills in all areas. At Accenture you will operate in a professional environment where entrepreneurship is hugely encouraged. Together with international colleagues you will work on high impact projects for many of the Fortune 500