Be greater than.
Bring your talent and passion to a global organization at the forefront of business, technology and innovation. Collaborate with diverse, talented colleagues and leaders who support your success. Help transform organizations and communities around the world. Sharpen your skills through industry leading training and development, as you build an extraordinary career. Discover how great you can be.
Accenture - Senior API Architect
Accenture Technology is about powering the future with technology. We are at the heart of shaping and driving technology disruption and digital transformation for our clients. We set the direction for Technology, developing the deep specialization to serve all businesses and industries. Our mission is to identify and incubate the next generation of Accenture services around disruptive technologies in anticipation of future demand from pioneering clients.
We are technology experts, who build and deliver high-quality and innovative technology solutions that help our clients to be successful and change the way their people and customers experience work, life and entertainment.
- As an API Architect, you are part of the Accenture Technology Middleware and Integration practice. This practice leads the API Architecture strategy and implementation for our key clients, across all industries.
- This role provides a unique opportunity for entrepreneurial technology architects to focus on emerging technologies and finding opportunities to architect the next generation, large-scale business systems and infrastructure to our clients.
- We expect you to be creative with a strong interest in technology. You have broad skills and experience with various software products, technologies and services. You are capable of shaping and delivering innovative technology solutions of heterogeneous components.
Your main tasks/responsibilities may include:
- Responsible for technical design and implementation of system integrations / API Gateways;
- Provides guidance and implementation support to both the technical and business application teams on systems interfacing with the integration platform;
- Architecting and developing with SOAP and REST web services, open API and/or SOA concepts;
- Provide architecture leadership, SME & QA support to client engagements focusing on complex & innovative proposals & projects related to API Management (e.g. Advising on technologies & tools selection);
- Lead/coordinate between onshore and offshore delivery teams;
- Supporting development, test and operations teams in troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing technology problems;
- Developing strong relationships with technology vendors to influence emerging API architecture strategies.
- Master Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology/System, or other relevant disciplines desirable;
- 2 to 8 years of experience in architecting, designing, implementing API architectures and applications;
- Experience with at least 1 API Management product;
- Hands-on experience in application design and development on large scale/mission critical systems using different technologies;
- Understanding of Web and API architecture, knowledge with the SOA / Enterprise Integration Patterns;
- Strong in Web services and API management technologies (SOAP/REST, XML/JSON, XSLT), and implementation of system integrations design patterns;
- Passionate and keen to develop your profession in technical delivery, and strive to deliver the best design, codes and practice;
- Excellent communication skill and the ability to interact professionally with diverse group of stakeholders, internally and externally;
- Dynamic and adaptive readiness to the global collaborative project team environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English, French and/or Dutch;
- Ability to do business travel;
- Experience in IT delivery life-cycle planning and management methodologies and tools.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Your Future Working Environment
If you join Accenture, you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Next to our excellent terms of employment and fringe benefits, we invest considerable resources to provide on-going training that builds and extends professional, technical and management skills in all areas. At Accenture, you will operate in a professional environment where entrepreneurship is hugely encouraged. Together with international colleagues you will work on high impact projects for many of the Fortune 500 companies.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world's largest delivery Network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 411,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.