Within Non-Life insurance, Allianz Belgium plans and executes a number of projects and enhancements on its application portfolio. This portfolio consists of:
- an backend system managing contracts and claims, Mainframe based
- a frontend for brokers and internal users to manage the full life cycle of a contract, .NET based applications
- a series of recent applications to support claim notification and the management of external parties (inspectors, experts, lawyers, ...), .NET based
Next to these local projects, a new important initiative is ongoing to create a Benelux platform for Non-Life, based on a Group solution in Java. Teams from Belgium and The Netherlands work closely together in this major multi-year transformation program.
For this Benelux team, we are looking for a: Senior program/project manager
The candidate will be responsible for one of the main (sub) release or related project such as the data migration. This includes the full delivery responsibility from functional design up to Go Live. He/she:
- Plans the work with the internal teams (Business, IT domains, architecture) and the external suppliers
- As a release train engineer, he/she supports the teams in the transition to SAFe/Agile way of working
- Manages the work, reviews plan and progress.
- Identifies risks and handles issues in a proactive manner.
- Owns the budget for the project, covering both internal and external resources that are located in Brussels, Rotterdam and offshore.
- Is reviewing the quality of the work and proposes actions to maintain and improve the quality
- Reports to the senior program owner, who is responsible for the full multi-year transformation
Profile and Experience
- The right candidate has a university degree (e.g. economics, commercial engineer, civil engineer, exact sciences, ...).
- He/she has a proven experience in complex projects.
- Any relevant experience in the financial industry (banking/insurance) is strongly appreciated.
- Candidate has a good basis of English and is fluent in French and/or Dutch.
He/she should have a combination of qualities
- Good listener and at the same time challenging the input (from Business, from development teams, ...).
- Has passion for his job and is ready to what is needed to reach the target.
- He is also creative, pro-active and well-structured.
- Take a step back and identify opportunities for improvement
- Concrete experience in data migration projects or in SAFe Agile is a plus.
- Previous experience in working as a consultant of working with consultants onshore or offshore is a plus
Primary work location is Brussels, but regularly, participation in Rotterdam is required and occasionally, training or conferences might be held in Austria or another EU country.
What can we offer you?
We Dare to challenge you to join Allianz Benelux and bring it to the next level. We offer you a challenging role in an international landscape and more:
- Working in a dynamic environment at Allianz, the world leader in financial provision and insurance
- A pleasant working atmosphere and great work-life balance
- An experienced and enthusiastic team
- An engaging, analytical, social, and multilingual job
- A company located in the heart of Brussels at walking distance from the metro (planned move will be in 2019 to a brand new building at walking distance from the north station)
- Development opportunities and an attractive salary package supplemented with extra-legal benefits in line with your experience
Have we sparked your interest?
Don't hesitate, apply online, and discover your potential at Allianz!
Do you have any questions regarding this job opening? Please contact us via the button below.