Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is looking for a Front-end Developer (m/f) in our European Headquarter in Luxembourg City.
Do you love seeing your developments help improve real life? Do you have a passion for using technology to make the operational processes better? You enjoy solving operational issues by creating state of the art systems?
Amazon Logistics gives you the opportunity to discover a large range of business cases as well as design, develop and implement solutions that will help our operations sustain fast growth and build the best logistics company in the world.
As a member of the Finance Business Intelligence team you will build systems designed to process large - and quickly growing - amounts of data in a quick and efficient manner, supporting a state-of-the-art Business Intelligence platform that helps managers have near-real-time visibility on the operational processes so they can drive those better.
- You will participate in building the most user-centric Business Intelligence platform of the industry;
- You will own the design of scalable & sustainable big-data presentation experience;
- You will leverage Amazon Web Services and other emerging technologies;
- You will regularly interact with end-users to understand how your systems can serve them better;
- You will propose, design and test applications to ensure data quality and systems reliability.
- A completed Master's degree in Computer Science or related fields;
- 5+ years professional experience in software development;
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design;
- Experience recognizing and utilizing user interface design patterns to solve business problems;
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Ruby on Rails, Java, Python;
- GIT or other distributed version control system;
- Experience developing with best of breed web application frameworks and libraries such as Angular 2, REACT, and Vue.JS
- Unit tests, performance workload tests
- Agile methods
- Familiar emerging trends in desktop, web, and mobile app development
- Experience with deployments, dev ops, and / or AWS
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate Llc. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.