- The Amazon Ops Finance team is looking for a passionate Business Intelligence and analytics leader to support developing the Financial and Operational reporting structure for its multiple operations (Amzl, Flex, Sort Centers, Line Haul, Swa etc).
- She / he will work with internal customers at all levels of the organization - Operations, Customer service, HR, Technology, Operational Research, Health & Safety, Loss & Prevention. The potential candidate will enjoy the challenges and rewards of working in a fast-growing organization and a very international environment.
- In this role, you will manage a team of engineers and analysts.
- You will develop and support the analytic technologies that give our teams flexible and structured Access to their data, including implementation of a BI platform, defining metrics and KPIs, and automating reporting and data visualization.
- You are a good fit for this position if you are an excellent communicator, knowledgeable about Business Intelligence, comfortable in a fast moving organization, and excited about growing the careers of engineers and analysts.
- You should have broad skills in Business Intelligence, database design, building self-service tools, defining metrics and KPIs, and applying analytical rigor to solve business problems.
- Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a Business Intelligence product team (based worldwide), including gathering inputs from leadership and partner teams, roadmap planning and prioritization, promoting best practices, and mentoring and developing your team.
- Establishing and leading solutions across multiple teams
- Champion data and metrics instrumentation during the development lifecycle for new products and services.
- Drive development of tools, reporting improvements, and automation, and create new innovative and insightful reports.
- Support last mile, transportation and sortation business teams with AD hoc data requests and analytical needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- More than 10 years of professional experience, including 5+ years of successful Business Intelligence or analytics team management experience, including employee development, performance management, and delivering results.
- Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard Business Intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics, and build reports.
- Hands on experience using databases and related technologies in a fast-paced business environment with large-scale and complex datasets.
- Proven track record of successful communication of analytical outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work with technology to develop innovative solutions
- Experience in international business
- Graduate degree in computer science, business, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field.
- Demonstrated management experience for teams of 10+ people.
- Knowledge of cloud computing and AWS services.
- Demonstrated thought-leadership with a passion for translating data into action.
- Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
"Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate Llc. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider."