What You Tell Your Friends You Do ?
"I have an overview of all the data in the company and I'm making sure all data-sources are harvested correctly to observe current and predict future customer behavior."
How Will You Be Doing This?
By bringing your technical skill set to the table, you will assess the current way the data and the databases are used and made accessible in the company. By leveraging on your technical competences, you bring forward some smart and easy-to-implement improvements towards the current way-of-working.
In parallel and by closely interacting with your team and the main business-stakeholders and by having an in-depth knowledge about the innovative BI and big-data tools, you will develop and evangelize an innovative 'enterprise-intelligence'. You will be given the resources to, once approved, put this strategy in reality. Obviously, you also need to have the people-skills to clean up the inevitable hurdles to bring these ideas to reality.
- You will bring in your data(base)-related knowledge to increase knowledge inside the IT-team.
- You will scan and inventorize the environment to get an overview of all relevant data (customer-data, application-logs, network-logs, existing reportings, ...)
- You will propose a vision, strategy and architecture to the IT-management to build the 'next-generation' datatools.
- You will propose and select vendors proposing appropriate tools.
- You will continuously interact with productmanagement and legal-department to make sure data-retention strategies are in law with applicable law and privacy-regulations.
What We Have Worked On Last Quarter
- We're really waiting for you to put this new initiative in reality.
- You should really like a challenge and you will be given the opportunity to bring your data-strategy and -vision into reality.
You'll team up with a small but enthusiastic team of guys and girls with a deep passion for our company. Next to that, you will work with your manager to create the ultimate partnership to ensure Business Intelligence / Data Science becomes one of the indispensable core-assets of the company, providing insights and support for the business and its customers.
Required Experience and Skills
- You're smart and have some way to prove it (e.g. you hold a MSc. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or related field).
- You know your 'BI Stuff' and have worked with things like SQL, NoSQL (inc. Apache Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB, Pig, HBase, Raven, Cassandra), Data Warehousing.
- You have experience in a data-driven production environment, with exposure to analytics, big data, data science and other over hyped buzz-word related areas.
- Experience with Version Control Systems, Automated Build and Deployment systems, Automated Test Frameworks (i.e.: GIT, Jenkins, Teamcity, Fitnesse or Elk Stack).
- You are eager to become fluent in Python and R, keeping your colleagues abreast of the latest libraries and developments, especially those for mathematics and data science.
- Bonus points for experience with Scrum (or at least worked in an Agile environment).
- To communicate easily with the Rest of the team, you are fluent in English and in at least one of the two main languages in our country (Dutch or French).
- Money (with both collective and individual bonus-plan)
- We also chip in on your pension, pay for your health-insurance and offer you a car and some fuel to get around.
- Room for you to do things your way and make your vision a reality
- 32 days of paid leave
- Lunch-vouchers to eat