Context and purpose
Within a large and international company with major operations in Brussels, You will be responsible for operating the business applications on the IT side.
Your team is handling the entire life cycle of the business software: setting up and maintaining all environments, defining the monitoring mechanisms and solving incidents.
All is done while ensuring the uptime and quality of service as requested by all stakeholders. All the changes are done involving the Release Management Team. To improve or update your building blocks, you're also acting as project manager for your own internal IT projects.
As a Team Leader you're hiring, coaching, planning and guiding your team, including your dedicated offshore staff.
You are supervising projects, handling your budget and together with Procurement and the Legal Department you are also negotiating new contracts with vendors.
- Manage and support the business applications according to the business requirements.
- You coordinate major incidents during as well as beyond business hours
- Act as a Project Manager for your internal IT projects
- Plan and execute major interventions
- Follow-up your contracts. Make sure contractors, licenses and maintenance contracts are renewed in time and handle your budget in a cost efficient way
- Manage all the aspects of a dedicated multi-cultural team (Brussels/Chennai) : hiring, coaching, planning and motivating your team.
Requirements & experience
- ITIL and Prince2 certified
- Master degree in Computer Science
- Proven experience as a team manager
- 7 years of experience in IT Operations
- Broad technical knowledge in IT. Your applications run on a broad range of operating systems (Windows, Linux, Unix), using a wide set of presentation layers (Citrix, WebSphere Application Server, MS IIS, SharePoint) and are Embedded in a sophisticated network infrastructure. You don't need to be a specialist; we're looking for an IT generalist.
- Analytical mind, able to prioritize and to go straight to the point.
- Understand people management in a multicultural and international context
- Stress resistant and keen to be involved in a changing organisation
- Eager to embrace procedures and rules
- Strong communication skills in English, French and Dutch.
You can expect a competitive salary package in line with your experience and market value.