Our customer operates container terminals in the port of Antwerp. For their IT department we are looking for a dynamic Application Rollout Engineer.
This Rollout engineer provides project management and implementation services for products under the global IT Portfolio to existing and potential Terminals.
He/she provides first and second line application support services for the customer's application suite, working as a global team.
Accountabilities for Rollout Project Management and Implementation
- 1) Implementation & Rollout Management and Execution:
- Setup & Configure Tos system together with the Business Process Management & Delivery team
- Design and implement agreed cutover approach together with Terminal
- Prepare all relevant design documentation on needed basis, e.g. cutover strategy
- Prepare Training material
- Conduct “Train-the-Trainers” (commonly known as Super Users) training
- Provide technical training to Terminal IT on needed basis only related to the customer's Portfolio
- Based on the Tos configuration: Hardware/software setup arrangement, install & configure all applications
- Provide UAT and rollout support on-site
- 2) System Integration: Assist the external vendor and/or in-house development team on application system design, testing & implementation for migrating the local terminal services to the new environment
- 3) Documentation:
- Work with Documentation Manager and keep up-to-date the new changes & functionalities in the applications as well as training material for the rollout terminal
- To prepare and handover all relevant project material to 1st & 2nd Line Support during post implementation & rollout phase
Accountabilities for Application Support
- 1) Application Support:
- Define, implement, execute and monitor 1st and 2nd level application support processes to best support business needs
- Register and troubleshoot all reported incidents and service requests through remote application support
- Collaborate with Development Teams, IT help desk and project and program managers to ensure best support to customers
- Monitor the ticketing system for escalations from level 1 support
- Timely provide for internal notification on possible escalations to Support Team Lead and/or Account Manager
- Perform root cause analysis to differentiate critical from non-critical issues
- Identify repeating patterns and issues in order to contribute to efficient problem management
- Participate in standby duty 24/7
- 2) Service Levels:
- Establish Service Level Agreements (SLA) that are in-line with customer needs and contracts
- Establish Key Performance Indicator's for 2nd Line Support
- Solution oriented by complains / problems
- 3) Professional Services:
- Software installations (upgrades, fixes)
- Changes in environment configuration and updating software configuration documentation
- Project implementation assistance (i.e. technical guidance, data migration)
- 4) Support Knowledge Base
- Contribute in documenting problems/solutions in the product knowledge base for efficient resolution of future problems or issues
- Monitor knowledge base within 2nd Line Support Team
This role reports to the Application Support and Rollout Manager.
- Education: Master or bachelor degree in IT, Computer Sciences or other relevant fields
- Experience: Min 1 year of working experience in IT
- Working experience with virtual teams and offshore development would be a plus
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Operation and basic understanding of ITIL Service Transition and
- Continual Service Improvement would be a plus
- Languages: Dutch with strong command in both written and spoken English
- Travel: Willing to travel occasionally
- Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge/Experience of DB2, Java, SQL, Oracle Database & Linux
- Wide knowledge of computer environments, including server, desktop, handhelds & vehicle mounted terminal
- Strong familiarity with Help Desk tools
- Business Skills:
- Strong customer relationship management skills.
- Effective communicator with strong presentation & negotiation skills.
- Sound problem solving skills
- Ability to act autonomously, bring structure and organization to work
- Strong analytical and supervisory skills.
- Ability to take pressure and work under tight schedule.
- Responsible attitude and discipline.
- Motivator, self-starter, logical and deadline oriented.
- You will work in the challenging, no-nonsense and thriving environment in Antwerp.
- You join a result driven team, with colleagues focused on results, technical expertise, team work and open communication.
- The customer will offer you interesting possibilities for personal development and trainings.
- The customer will offer you a competitive salary package (incl. personal bonus plan) & interesting fringe benefits (health insurance, group insurance, meal vouchers, flexible working hours, mindfulness and yoga at work, ...)