We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Architect who is passionate in designing architecture for components in the supply chain, quality and/or transport scope (= ScaleUp program). These components will be rolled on a large industrial perimeter and have to fit in the complete ScaleUp suite.
The Enterprise Architect has to perform all phases of architectural work including planning, designing and overseeing the construction. He will be involved in new building designs (90-95%), extensions, alterations and conservations from the earliest stages through completion. The Enterprise Architect will also be part of the Agile Product teams and will, in this role, be in close contact with the product development team.
The Enterprise Architect will work closely with Product Owner and key Business users. The Architect is responsible that the product fits and accords to the global ScaleUp program. Technical standards follow the latest architecture & technical standards: event driven design, REST services, 'micro-services', CQRS principles, UX principles, ...
- Accountable and responsible for product architecture and design (from vision to implementation) throughout the complete LifeCycle of a product:
- ensure that product architecture/design is established along with the product refinement
- ensures that this is kept aligned with functional needs
- ensures that it is innovative and of high quality
- ensures overall integration with other products in the ScaleUp suite (highly integrated suite)
- Works as part of the Product Owner Team (Product Owner, Subject Matter Expert) in order to detail a product backlog on feature level.
- Subject matter expert (architecture, design, innovations, ...) for Scrum teams in developing when issues, problems occurs and clarification is needed.
Non target responsibilities
- Front office of quality team for standardization, respect of rules (to compensate lack of capacity at quality team)
- Compensates where needed resource gaps (Product Owner Team, Scrum Team) in order to keep velocity at a constant pace.
- Design Business and Technical Architecture aligned with customer requirements and aligned with ScaleUp standards.
- Create blue prints.
- Assist product owner (where needed) to build requirements, assist in project management and to explain architecture.
- Report to lead Architect and product owner.
- Work closely with product team (analysts and developers) to assist them during the sprints.
- Proven working experience as an IT Architect (business and technical).
- Deep understanding of modern Architectures.
- Experience in Agile development methodology.
- Preferably experience in integration of supply chain solution, preferably in metal/ paper industry
- Creativity in finding / exploring solutions
- Experience in IT transversal project management
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment
- Efficient communication skills towards different stakeholders.
- Understanding of Project Management methodologies
- Knowledge of test methodology and current security guidelines is a plus.
- Knowledge in steel industry / supply chain is a big plus.
- Knowledge in business process modeling and BPMN diagrams
- Willingness to travel (limited - frequency: mainly on site but dependent of the project phase)
- Language skills: English (excellent level or native, official language of the project), French and Dutch.