Big Data Engineer - Hadoop / Kafka / Python
Want to further develop your Big Data career?
Are you looking for a new challenge in an environment where you will be surrounded by the latest technologies?
One of our major clients located in Brussels will be hiring their next Big Data talent to reinforce the Analytics team. As one Belgium's most presitigious financial institutions, our partner offers some of the latest Big Data technologies to work around. Are you ready to deliver valuable solutions and insight to this companies pillar divisions?
- As a Freelance Big Data Engineer you will interact with various stakeholders business, data scientists and enterprise architect.
- You will be able to understand their requirements and develop and create an evolving solution for data lake platform.
- There is a real emphasis on professional delivery as you will be working closely with stakeholders providing excellent delivery of service.
- Whilst working for a forward thinking company you are expected to have a real desire to learn and adapt to new technologies to be a force for change within the organization.
- Hadoop ecosystem e.g. Cloudera, Apache Spark, Kerberos
- NoSQL technologies e.g. HBase
- Streaming technologies : Kafka, flume, hoozie
- Change data Capture toolings
- Oracle Big Data appliance
- Data science language & tools: R, Python, Jupyter, BitBucket
- Deep understanding of Big Data technologies
- Able to develop in Python, PySpark, sparksql and R.
- Hands on experience of working in Linux and Data Lake environment
- Able to work in Agile mode and on large scale and complex projects for the banking industry
- Autonomous and proactive, who can drive alone according to specifications
- Structured and able to challenge - Pragmatic
- Curious, eager to learn and challenge driven
- Can understand French and Dutch and is able to communicate in English
- A prestigious work environment in terms of technology advancement
- The opportunity to solidly build your career
- Learning independantly and in a well stable team
- A daily rate aligned with your added-value
- A long term project in the heart of Brussels (accessible from main railway stations)
Interested? Send your CV via the button below.