The BI team is one of the key teams of the Data department, helping to develop and roll out the bank-wide BI and Data strategy at BNP Paribas Fortis.
Want to help shape the bank of tomorrow today?
Are you looking to take on a new challenge in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment? Are you passionate about data and people, then Data Business Intelligence (BI) can offer you a great opportunity
The BI team is one of the key teams of the Data department, helping to develop and roll out the bank-wide BI and Data strategy at BNP Paribas Fortis. Its mission is to service all metiers and functions of the bank with transversal BI solutions (front and backend developments) & tools. In doing so, the BI team is contributing to the spreading of the new data governance and "Know your data" culture throughout Bnpp Fortis.
Your future job
As Team coach (Chapter Lead) for a team of BI analysts, you will be responsible for leading, developing and coaching dev engineers in the field of data technologies. Next to that, you will yourself perform BI analysis and specific BI missions.
Your primary tasks are to apply your expertise on functional analysis on the one hand and to facilitate the personal and professional development of your chapter members on an ongoing basis through a combination of coaching, mentoring and feedback.
You are also a linking point between the management team and the team members, for cascading and capturing of general informations.
You have an innovate and critical mindset, wanting to contribute to the development and strengthening of our BI Customer service.
- You are a pragmatic, skilled business/functional engineer and are able to divide your time effectively so that content-related tasks constitute 40% of your time and people management constitutes 60%.
- You develop your team by coaching, mentoring and feedback.
- You are a reliable point of contact within your chapter
- You propose recommendations on market trends, technical and organisational issues and potential changes in the organisational structure of the team.
- You take pride in developing the expertise of your team in line with the overarching bank strategy.
- You ensure chapter members are respecting the standards and policies defined by the Data Department and encourage the Kyd-culture in the chapter.
- You organise and encourage collaboration among the members of your chapter.
- You attract, recruit and retain the appropriate profiles.
- You are member of a BI squad, contributing in a visible manner to the delivery of the products.
- You have experience with BI data analysis.
- Experience with reporting/dashboarding as user or producer is an added value.
- No secrets for you what Business Intelligence does.
- Thanks to your good knowledge and experience of the banking domains and BI, you are considered a point of reference for the BI analysis competence in your chapter.
Highlight your strengths
- Master's Degree in Economical/Banking Business engineering or IT or equivalent by professional experience
- More than 8 years of experience as a business/Functional Analyst
- Proven experience in leading, coaching and mentoring a team
- Extensive experience of working in environments involving Agile development
- Knowledge of the banking business in one or more domains (Invest, Credits, Payments, Cards, Channels...) is certainly an asset.
- Experience in capturing business needs and translating these business customer/functional needs into BI solutions and data design.
- Experience in Data Modelling, the logical and physical data models and databases (> 3 years)
- Sound knowledge of English as well as the Dutch/French languages.
- Excellent communication skills
- You care for the people, helping them to grow and discover
- Motivated - results count towards our customer
- Proactive -organised
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Team Spirit, always ready to share, train or provide support to others.
Tempted by the challenge?
Passionate about this role? Do not hesitate to apply online: we'd love to hear from you!