Are you passionate about data?
Are you looking forward to mastering the Storage, organization and exploitation of PBs (petabytes) of data?
Are you familiar with the concepts like lambda and kappa architectures?
If the answer is “all of the above” you are the right person to apply to this job!
- As a Data Engineer @ B&D your job will be to define strategies, platforms, toolsets, data flows and transformations, of the future-proof big data solutions.
- You will work as a consultant for big clients, accompanied by your colleague experts in the field.
- An analytical career path will help you to develop your skills and obtain your objectives on the long term.
- Master or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or any related field
- 2-5 years relevant experience in data data analysis, data modeling, data governance,
- Passionate about data and/or data Storage, data crunching and data manipulation/flows.
- Proficiency in data sourcing, data capture, data transformation and data preparation techniques
- Experience with SQL(-like) data manipulation is a must (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in big data Hadoop ecosystem: (with some of the component of the Hadoop ecosystem)
- Storage: HDFS, HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, Mahout, Parquet, Kudu,
- Tools: Kafka, StreamSets and/or NiFi, Flink, Storm, Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Oozie, Impala, Elastic search / Solr
- Programming knowledge in either Python, Java, Scala or C++
- Good knowledge of Linux environment is an advantage
- Experience in Data Visualisation is a plus (3djs, Tableau, Qlikview,..)
- Experience of at least one of the following: Banking, Risk, Retail, Manufacturing, Marketing, Customer Intelligence
- Ability to be understand business requirements and translate those into technical components as building blocks of the to-be solution
- Hands on experience in the area of Enterprise Intelligence (e.g. Data Warehousing, Data Management, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Big Data ecosystem)
- Good communication skills
- Conceptual and creative thinking
- fluent in Dutch or French and English (verbal & written)
- A plus:
- Data Mining experience
- Experience of applying regression, correlation, classification, factor analysis or forecasting
- Experience of statistical modeling and tools including: R, Matlab, SAS,..
- Experience of web-services development (Rest or SOAP)
- Our main values are Excellence, Respect and Modesty.
- To represent and live those values you also have the following skills:
- Entrepreneurship, Solution Oriented and Client Intimacy
- Team work, Social skills, Self-awareness and Communication skills
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Business & Decision is a global management, strategy consulting and systems integration group solving business problems through Digital Transformation.
- As a leader in Digital Customer Experience and Data & Analytics, we leverage a unique combination of technical, functional and industry specialization, as well as partnerships with key software vendors, to deliver maximum-value projects and help out clients break through barriers to innovation and business transformation.
- Business & Decision is serving both Public & Private sector clients enabling customers to drive their business strategy and improve customer experience through effective use & insight to their customer data. Clients choose Business & Decision as their strategic Data & Analytics partner due to our expertise, core values, quality of service & our passion for delivery.
By joining Business & Decision, you will get an attractive consultant package including a company car, a strong career path, relevant training, challenging missions and projects and international perspectives. You will integrate into a highly skilled team and enjoy our famous after work activities and events!
Apply by using this link!