We are currently looking for a freelance System Engineer to work on a long term project in Brussels.
As IT System Engineer you bring expertise and a hands-on approach for implementing and troubleshooting IT infrastructure.
The team has ambitious targets to improve service availability and realize multiple projects.
- Accountable for equipment specifications, system design and installation
- Recommend means of preventing equipment and system failures
- Resolve system support requests and perform in-depth system maintenance.
- Maintaining infrastructure documentation and best practices
- Interact with and support other departments where needed
- Support project management team on planning, implementation, procedures, documentation and training as needed
- Provide support to on-air operations to restore functionality including performing follow up and assisting with diagnostics and troubleshooting of broadcast and IT equipment
- Identify, track and resolve current and potential faults within the monitoring and control systems with an understanding of the various devices
- Determine the best possible action plan to resolve technical problems or support “Live” show requirements.
- Test, validate and install required maintenance releases and patches on servers and applications
- Share your knowledge and technical expertise to other members of the department
- Report to management of ongoing issues, project activities and progress
- Install new equipment and cabling as assigned
Skills and experience
- minimum 3 years of IT Engineering experience
- High expertize on troubleshooting with IT system
- Advanced experience in managing IT technologies such virtualization, enterprise backup/recovery, imaging, patch management, Windows scripting, Windows upgrades
- Advanced experience supporting IT services such Active Directory, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, SNMP
- Advanced experience with Windows Server 2008/2012
- Experience with Linux OS (CentOS/Rhel/Ubuntu)
- Good experience with enterprise monitoring tools
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and be competent in reacting quickly
- Participate in on-call duty 1 week/month.