We are currently looking for a freelance UI Expert with development skills for an interesting mission in the center of Brussels
Information sharing & coaching
- Use confluence as a platform to share information which is not present in analysis/design documents
- Use techniques such as pair programming. Switch pair regularly (as decided by the team) to assure knowledge management.
- Provide adequate information in Jira issues for next step in process
- Create, review and update installation documents.
- Work with the team to create open design solutions when possible
- When analysing, developing or testing, be sure to keep quality, security, and open design in mind.
- Work with team to create and present demo's for implementing stakeholders. Include the team in these demos.
- Work in a cross functional team to develop software to conform to the functional and non-functional specifications in close collaboration with shared services, Scrum master and product owner.
- Assure an appropriate level of documentation is created and kept up-to-date, preferably through automation.
- Help challenge and clarify requirements.
- Make sure all new development and code changes are tested according to industry best practices.
- When modifying existing code, build a case for refactoring, taking into account long-term benefit and risk, and convince stakeholders. Take part in code reviews
- Share responsibility in managing various code quality metrics reported by tools such as Sonar/Sonarjs, Fortify, Jenkins, etc...
- Bring impediments to the attention of the Scrum master during the daily stand-up
- Deliver quality deliverables by code review and testing according to industry best practices
- Update team on progress during the daily stand-up
- Attend & actively participate in Scrum ceremonies
- Take ownership of 'need to improve items' within the scope of the team
- Deliver a working product at the end of each Sprint
- Apply continuous improvement mind-set to product, process, tooling, methods, etc. and participate in implementing the ideas after common decision.
- Coach new hires or people that are working in an unfamiliar area
- Use pair-programming where appropriate
- Support, challenge and control UI development
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch or French is a plus
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the following areas:
- Software engineering
- Developing Web applications
- Extreme programming practices
- CSS, SaaS, Less
- At least 2 years of relevant experience with React
- Java experience is a plus
- Angular or VueJS experience is a plus
- GraphQL knowledge is a plus
- Jest knowledge is a plus
- Responsive and progressive Uis experience
- Keen interest in integration principles
- Team Player
- Shows initiative
- Take ownership and accountability
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Passionate about software development
If you are interested please apply with your most recent CV.