NK 384 Database Modeler; Banking, Brussels
The department that ensures the support of bank's business strategy with efficiency, reliability and security in mind is looking for an experienced Database Modeler.
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong Data Model Administration skills.
- You must be self-motivated and have the experience, personality, and passion to support developers and designers.
- You will be part of the Component and Data Management team who has a transversal role acting as a service desk for the designers and the developers.
- The team mainly performs configuration and data management activities for projects and maintenances. It also has a gatekeeper role, reviewing all naming convention and databases standards and ensuring they are compliant with configuration management good practices.
- The Component Management team is spread over 3 locations (Brussels, Paris, and London) with on average 12 team members. This position is based in Brussels.
- The main focus of the work will be in conducting operational activity, providing data modeling subject matter expertise, and maintenance of a catalogue of the information assets.
- Generate and deploy DDLs in the respective environments.
- Insure compliance with established standards, policies, and performance guidelines.
- Focus on customers.
- Strives to exceed customer expectations and metrics.
- Builds strong relationships with customers.
- Deliver Quality Results
- Stays focused, overcoming distractions and obstacles to achieve goals
- Carries out assignments with thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Act Ethically
- Act in accordance with the bank's values
- Act as a Team Player
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with team members
- Actively shares information and expertise
- Support Change and Innovation
- Maintains a positive attitude in response to change and uncertainty.
- Effectively handles shifting demands and multiple priorities.
- Continually looks for ways to streamline processes, reduce costs and accomplish goals.
- Please note you must have the following in order to be considered:
- Experience with TFS
- Experience with software configuration management
- Be proactive
- Qualifications: Specific qualifications for the Data Modeler position include:
- At least 5 years of experience in IT industry
- Must have professional experience performing logical and physical data modeling, using industry standard tools such as Computer Associate's AllFusion Data Modeler (Erwin), ER studio, or MEGA/HOPEX
- Must have professional experience with data models and data modeling (Data dictionary, data management standards, and data model best practices)
- Knowledge of relational databases (DB2, Sybase, and/or SQL Server) with regards to physical data structure design
- Knowledge of SQL
- Ability to conduct data modeling sessions with business users and technical staff, which includes conveying complex ideas both verbally and in written form.
- Nice to have:
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Mainframe background will be a plus (JCL, REXX, Changeman, Endevor...)
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Access, Etc.
- Experience using a Service Desk
- Skills in one of the following languages and technologies: J2EE, .NET
- Language: English
- Reference: Nk384
- Location: Brussels
- Rate: 500-550 euros per day
- Duration: 12 months
You must be an EU national to apply for this role.