Nk362 Senior Project Manager: Banking, Brussels
For this position we aim for an candidate with at least 5 years of IT experience (at least 3 in project management)
- Manage a portfolio of projects or one large, complex project. Usually manage projects/initiatives over multiple technical domains.
- Drive the delivery process in a complex, matrix organisation.
- Responsible for meeting project objectives within quality, time, and budget targets, and for managing associated risks. Portfolio of projects usually go beyond one year.
The function requires general technical knowledge, proven project management experience, and an understanding of the business issues.
- Manage a large, complex project or a portfolio of projects, focusing on delivering the architected technical solutions within project scope, proposed planning, required budget and staffing requirements.
- Coordinates with other IT project managers (Adm Pls, Tests leads) and a large group of delivery teams to implement project tasks.
- Responsible to keep consistency between all projects and maintains a confident relationship with sponsors and external stakeholders of the projects.
- Enforce the right delivery model towards the IT delivery teams. Ensure necessary adjustments and evolution are made to optimize the overall delivery.
- Oversees technical and organizational management and financial aspects on his portfolio or project. Responsible to report progress to Senior management and/or the sponsor/client.
- Act as single point of contact and escalation path for his project or projects in his portfolio.
- Scope Variants relate to the size (budget), complexity, and/or timescale of the project along with project team composition as principal guides for determining the appropriate job match.
- The following criteria describes the overall expectations of a function at this level.
- Complexity & problem solving : Handles standard & non-standard situations with low level of uncertainty, covering multiple and new domains of expertise
- Decision making : Uses sound judgment to take decisions within the own operational domain. Fosters the development of new/improved procedures and methods within the own operational domain. Takes decisions/support the decision process of significant importance in the own operational domain.
- Stakeholders management : Builds network of internal relationships across the organisation to deliver across domains. Uses persuasion and influencing skills to get required support. Upon request deals with external stakeholders or regulators on well defined tactical or technical matters. Autonomously deals with tensions and disputes, looking for consensus and benefit for the company
- Autonomy and leadership : Works autonomously on a large domain. Works within clearly defined (periodic) targets, with full responsibility of delivery. Provides regular feedback to management on objectives achievements.
- Excellent formal and informal communication skills
- Client oriented
- Solution driven
- Team player but able to work independently
- Eager to learn
- Have strong negotiation skills
- Maintain good relationship with the different stakeholders within and beyond the department.
- Document writing (English)
- Languages: English excellent both speaking and writing
YOU MUST Be An EU National TO BE Considered For This Role
Duration: 6 months
Rate: 550-575 euros per day
Start date: ASAP