Nk383 WebSphere application server administrator (Distributed Middleware & Framework): Banking, Brussels
The division strongly adheres to the corporate mission and business goals of the organisation. It follows that the mission of our division is:
- Ensure the availability of the production environment - failure is not an option
- Understand and reduce the total cost of ownership of information technology
- Ensure that an appropriate enterprise wide architecture exists to support the current and future needs of the business
- Establish testing services and processes to help improve system quality and time to market
- Help ensure that the right skills are available at the right place at the right time.
The Middleware & Frameworks Group within the bank engineers (i.e. designs and develops), supports, and operates the communication and data management software tools and infrastructures. These enable integrating business applications with operating systems in a standardized way and whatever the Hardware platform (Windows, Unix, Linux, Mainframe, and Tandem) while enforcing “ities” (security, availability, operability, manageability, reliability, scalability, portability requirements).
The group works in a Lean environment.
Java application servers infrastructure design, automation, deployment, administration and support with a general expertise on Web technologies.
Work within the "Java Application Integration Services" team, with the objective to maintain and guarantee at group level the technical evolution regarding As and Internet platforms infrastructure.
This includes the following:
- Technical analyses and application design.
- Performance analysis and capacity planning
- Realise and document changes, evolutions
- Software installation, maintenance and infrastructure tuning
- Software Release management
- Technical environments administration
- Deployment & supervision tools scripting
- 2nd & 3thrd level of support for production incidents
- Watch duty role for production support
- Ensure compliance with security guidelines (Technical Security Standards)
- Security Vulnerability Management
- Necessary technical skills:
- Implementation and administration of Internet infrastructures
- Integration of the IBM WebSphere Application Server version 8.5.5 & 9.0.0 products on Linux platform (WAS server, IHS Web server and Apache based Reverse proxy server).
- Knowledge in AIX HACMP, Linux Pace Maker, Security (OpenSSL and certificate management), Network DMZ and deployment method
- Required experience:
- WebSphere Application Server, JBoss EAP, Tomcat
- RSA Web Authentication agent for Apache
- Bash scripting and Ansible framework knowledge
- Ansible Tower
- IBM WAS Certification
- Experience with Oracle Web Logic, Magic Software
- Personal Qualities:
- Good team spirit, ability to work together with different teams located in different EU sites
- Working experience in international organizations
- Flexibility and availability to participate on watch duty role (1 week out of 4);
- Willing to learn new tools and to share the experience
- This position is for starting as soon as possible for 6 months
- You must be an EU national to apply for this role
- Reference: NK 383
- Location: Brussels
- Language: English
- Duration: 6 months
- Rate: 550-575 euros per day
- Start date: ASAP