Our client is one of the major insurance groups in Europe. Worldwide, the Group is represented in over 30 countries and concentrates on Europe and Asia. They offer a comprehensive spectrum of insurance, provision and services. About 46,000 people work for the Group, either as salaried employees or as full-time self-employed sales representatives. In 2013, they recorded a premium income of 18 billion euros and paid out benefits to customers amounting to 17 billion euros.
Core business is life insurances
With high quality products for individuals and self-starters they give the opportunity during their careers to build a nice supplemental income. Our client is very responsive to the constraints and gaps of the statutory pension system. A personalized customer approach is also highlighted in this section.
Location: 1000 Brussels
Currently our client is looking for a:
Core Systems Manager (M/F)
As Manager Core Systems, you will oversee, manage and steer the design and development of the Contract Management Systems (Alice, Ul3, ...) within the Enterprise and IT architecture set forth.
- You will responsible for the overall management of the respective Applications team and for setting, achieving and communicating the direction, goals and budgets of this team.
- As people manager of an applications team, the manager is responsible for the sourcing and follow up of the people in his/her team, for their performance, evaluations and succession
- Making sure the team is correctly staffed, coached, and educated to take up their role in the organization
- As a resource manager responsible to maintain an up-to-date view on resource capacity versus demand for the people in the team under his/her responsibility
- Responsible for the relationship management with the team's vendors and partners
- You will lead the IT Back End Development Team, that ensures application development for back end applications, e.g. local developments Alice & Ixos
- You act as a manager for a team of Functional analysts and Developers using different technologies (SAP-Abap, Java/.NET, ...)
- You will manage an near shoring team. It's important that you promote the collaboration between the internal and external team members (knowledge sharing ...)
- You'll participate in projects like migration of core system
- You are end responsible for unit testing on the applications in portfolio
- You are end responsible for 3rd Level Support (analysis & bug fixing)
- You are end responsible for application documentation and knowledge management on the applications in portfolio
- You ensure the corrective and evolutionary maintenance on the applications in portfolio
- You propose new ideas, methodologies and/or technologies to further improve the growth of IT as a service provider
- You are creative in finding practical solutions with an eye for detail
- You have an active involvement in safeguarding the implementation of policies regarding standards for the development of software
- You have a proven experience in people management and this in an IT environment
- You gained experience in an application development company
- Fluent in English, Dutch & French
- You can communicate easily with systems
Our client offers a dynamic working environment with an entrepreneurial culture. A competitive salary package with extra legal advantages (luncheon vouchers, hospitalization & group insurance, an inability to work insurance).
In addition, you can count on various training opportunities, additional vacation and flexible hours. The company is located in the heart of Brussels and is easily accessible by public transport.