- Provide excellent first line support to the users, ensuring that all calls are logged, prioritised and solved or dealt with efficiently and effectively;
- Responsible for adequate registration of calls from the end users with a structured call logging approach and responsible for the call reporting;
- Diagnose and resolve all IT related issues and functions including PCs, laptops, printers, Mobile devices, telephony, scanning, printing and all related technologies;
- Liaise with the second line support in the central IT team in the UK.
- Focus on excellent customer service and support with a proactive, hands-on approach towards the end user in the Office;
- Timely identifying and resolving incidents and then report to the IT management to avoid critical situations;
- Responsible for the servers on site and all IT related topics including PCs, laptops, Mobile devices, fixed telephony, scanning, printing and all related technologies;
- Identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems;
- Report to and work with the Global IT Service Delivery Manager to prepare budget proposals;
- Liaise with the local vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies and supervise the installation;
- Prepare, support and resolve any issues arising during group deployments;
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing Hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications;
- Ensure the local server technology is robust, maintained and backup procedures are followed;
- Ensure all Anti-virus controls are met and liaise with the Infrastructure team as necessary;
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved;
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution;
- Create and manage Windows accounts and Exchange mailbox;
- Report and inform to local Management and to functional IT management on calls, budget and end users satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills and confident with dealing with all team members and situations;
- Ability to work well both as a team member and individually;
- Confident, service minded individual with a mature attitude towards work;
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent, proven organizational skills with the ability to multi task;
- Proven initiative and a proactive attitude;
- Willingness to learn and extend the role above and beyond the job description, approachability, flexibility as to hours and the role, a practical/common sense approach;
- Bachelor or Master degree or demonstrable qualified by experience background;
- Excellent level in English and fluent in French and Dutch;
- Law firm experience desirable but not essential.
- Server products
- Windows Server 2003/2008/20012
- MS Exchange 2007/2013
- Web proxy server principles
- Mobile email / MDM technology
- Basic Switching & Routing, TCP/IP etc.
- Active Directory
- AD group policy
- DHCP & DNS
- Infrastructure basics - structured cabling
- Ups, HVAC etc
- Windows desktop products
- MS Office 2010
- Windows 7
- BlackBerry, Android & iOS Mobile devices
- Further knowledge
- Virtualisation technologies
- Microsoft SCCM
- Windows clustering & SAN Storage
- Experience with Autonomy Filesite
- WAN technologies
- McAfee Anti-virus / Endpoint protection
- IP Telephony
About our client
Our client is a highly respected global law firm. But that's only part of the story. They built their international reputation not only on exceptional legal expertise, but also on their ability to think beyond the details of law to meet clients' needs.
They have over 1,200 lawyers in 28 offices across Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, as well as close ties with firms in other parts of the world.
The Brussels Office covers all areas of business law and brings together more than 40 lawyers from 8 different countries.