General Job description
The DevOps (Development and Operations) Engineer is responsible for developing and deploying innovative technical solutions that support EN strategy and address the EN customers base software requirements. The DevOps will work in a team environment and will actively support and offer advice to other functions within our client. The position requires:
- Very good understanding of systems development cycle and deployment procedures
- Strong team coordination and communication skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Systematic approach and focus on problem identification and resolution
- Work with product development teams to improve performance and reliability for new feature development
- Design, write, document, and deliver software to improve product availability, scalability, and performance
- Develop, train and mentor teammates
- Automate the installation and upkeep of build and deploy tools and dependencies
- Evaluate current build, release and hosting infrastructure and implement enhancements as required
Define processes, techniques, architectures, and practices to ensure the monitoring, reliability and performance of our client products and services
Design and implement innovations that improve software engineering velocity, infrastructure resiliency, security, and data availability
- Coordinate and perform major upgrades with zero downtime
- Solve live performance and stability issues and prevent their recurrence
- Work with highly skilled subject matter experts from different offices around the globe
- Mentor and influence Software Engineering leadership and engineers by motivating improvements
- Help define and build true CI/CD culture, tooling and process
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Participate in the development and documentation of system specifications.
- Provide estimates of the activities as input to the project plans.
- Write, modify, integrate, test, and maintain software scripts according to the industrial best practices and the ones defined within the group.
- Work with the I&S, TS and QA teams in defining test cases and help resolve technical issues.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions.
- Curiosity about how things work
- Obsession about automating everything and a passion for elegance and simplicity
- Minimum of 5 years of DevOps work experience and can point to things you've worked on
- Advanced knowledge of Unix/Linux systems
- Scripting wizardry and an adept command of the command line
- In-depth understanding of Web operations best practices
- Experience with configuration management.
- Ability to jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better
- Ability and desire to jump in and fix things when they break
- Extended experience with AWS, Jenkins and CI/CD best practices
- A love of learning and developing new skills
- Ability to learn rapidly
- Self-motivated, autonomous, empathetic and great communication skills
- Degree or diploma or relevant international technical qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant Engineering field.
- Extensive experience in deploying RDBMS based applications.
- Software integration design and implementation skills.
- Experience in the Scrum development methodology.
- Experience in software source control systems and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to develop skills, work effectively with the team dynamics and achieve goals
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments.
- Ability to work alone and in teams in a challenging environments.
- Proven track record of achieving set objectives within an agreed time frame.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of financial software, Swift, AML or compliance is a major plus.
- Extensive experience in SQL statements and stored procedures using Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL.
- DB2 experience is a plus.
- Experience in Reporting engines such as Crystal Reports or Jasper Software technology is a major plus.
- Knowledge of other Required Technology's is a plus.