Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer role is part of the Connectivity team, within the End User and Collaboration. Its primary objective is to design, implement and support (L3) reliable, secure and cost efficient network solutions which supports the business requirements
The scope of connectivity services is the WAN connectivity between branches, (R)HQ and the datacenters and (W)LAN connectivity at those locations.
- Understand business needs and translate them in IT solutions supporting those business needs
- Document existing and new network standards based on current Group standards.
- Follow-up and contribute to the development of existing / new network group standards.
- Follow-up on new market standards and trends for the wide spectrum of network solutions e.g. SDN, Network security, ETC.
- Develop, test, deliver POC, Pilot and document architectural solutions.
- Ensure developed solutions are integrated in the current network topologies
- Ensure that developed solutions are being supported by current processes and existing or new network management tools.
- Build and test low level design documents based on existing high level design and standards documents
- Implement according to existing change processes new network topologies/devices and functionality.
- Ensure standard asset management activities are timely executed for the assigned network assets
- Provide third level support for the assigned assets
- Participate to a 24/7h on-call schedule supporting the assigned network assets.
- 5 years in a similar function in an enterprise environment
- Fluent in English, Good knowledge of Dutch or French is an asset.
- Cisco Professional (CCNP) level or higher certified
- Cisco Professional (CCNP) level routing, switching, wireless and security certifications
- Proven 5+ year network experience in designing and supporting Cisco based routing, switching and wireless networks including various network, system and user authentication solutions (Cisco ISE and Cisco Anyconnect)
Nice to have
- Cisco Expert (CCIE) level routing, switching, wireless and security certifications
- Experience in software defined networks is an asset
- Experience in network designs supporting Private and Public Cloud is an asset.
- Experience with the Agile methodology
- Can work independent and focused to deliver on time and according a fixed planning
- Organized and good presentation skills
- Team player
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
- Customer focused attitude
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance for attaining the stated objectives
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment