In our Agile organisation, you will be working in the “Core Devices Release and Support” squad within the tribe of “End User and collaboration Services”.
This squad is responsible for the preparation, built, deployment and aftercare of the base releases (OS, Middleware and common applications), security patching and on-demand deployments on multiple Windows based platforms (Workstation, Server and ATM).
In addition to these release activities, the squad is also responsible to provide 2nd level support for Windows Workstations.
The Windows Deployment Ops Engineer focusses mainly on managing changes on the different Windows platforms and is charged with handling base release, security patch and on-demand deployment requests from demand up to full roll-out in production.
These changes are performed following strict policies, processes and procedures, which are all subjected to continuous improvement:
- Build (deployment package development + technical testing)
- Deployment (Users functional testing + put in production)
- After care
In addition to the before mentioned activities, the Windows Deployment Ops engineer is also expected to:
- Analyse incidents related to the delivered kits, deployment packages and their deployments
- Build solutions to solve those incidents
- Make the necessary documentation available for support team and future upgrade-demands
- Required knowledge / Experience
- Excellent knowledge of English, good knowledge of French or Dutch and, at least, basic knowledge of the other national language
- Min. 3 years in a similar function: releases/deployments on Windows systems.
- Experience in a 2nd line support function is an advantage.
- Required Technical Skills:
- Must have:
- Windows 7
- Office 2010 (Excel - reporting purposes)
- Release software/framework.
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 and 2012
- Experience in a large corporate environment
- Nice to have:
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 10
- HP Service Manager
- Knowledge of wsh and Powershell scripting
- Required Soft Skills:
- Team player
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
- Good communication skills
- Flexible, accurate and risk conscious
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment