Our client's IT department is looking for a Windows Server Release Manager to work in the Network and Systems in DataCenter Division which is the interface between business and the rest of IT and his DataCenter service provider.
- You main responsibility is to assure base release and security patch deployment on the client's server environment.
- This includes release package build and test, followed by deployment planning with the server profile owners, deployment execution and aftercare.
- The second mission will be to streamline and automate this process to enable a release deployment within 1 month instead of within the current 2 months without increase in manpower.
- Base release management is performed following strict policies, processes and procedures, which are all subjected to continuous improvement:
- As a single point of contact for the customer the role of Windows Server Release Manager is, according to his situation on the “learning curve”, to observe, participate in, lead the activities and the production of deliverables in these phases:
- The purpose of the preparation phase is to prepare the Windows Release:
- Collect the information to understand the demand of the customer
- Analyze the impact, assure the test and deployment scenaria are prepared for each product in the release
- Plan and follow-up
- Build phase:
- The purpose of build phase is to package the software for delivery to end users:
- Combine the release components by creating the staging, upgrade and patch release
- Test the release from a technical point of view (Assembly testing) and control its quality (Integration Testing)
- Deployment phase: The purpose of the production phase has 2 major parts: Users functionality tests and put the request in production respecting the”change implementation process” (BNP PARIBAS Fortis standards):
- User Functionality Test
- Make the solution/software available for the user functionality tests by deploying in QA (dry run of the production installation script)
- Give support to the users during the test
- Put in production:
- Make the solution/software available for deployment eventually with a pilot deployment phase
- Manage the different software versions on the different platforms.
- After care: The purpose of the After-care phase is to ensure the support of the delivered kits during a fixed time after:
- Analyze the incidents due to the delivered kits
- Build solutions to solve those incidents
- Give support to the second line support (So-OS)
- Make the necessary documentation available for support team and future upgrade-demands
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- French & Dutch : Strong written and spoken communication skills
- English : Fluent
- Windows command line scripting
- Microsoft Windows Installer
- Wintel system administration in a large environment
- Wintel Release and deployment experience in a large environment
- Risk consciousness
- Team player, quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
- Good Communication and Influencing skills
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment