For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a Cyber Security Designer.
- Advice technical teams on the control design, implementation and processes necessary to ensure and protect information systems assets. Perform risk assessments and define application and infrastructure-related security requirements for business and IT projects. Advises on high level security design of new infrastructures, systems and/or applications to ensure secure operation within the environment.
- Perform security validation to ensure effective implementation of security controls.
- Defines, implement and ensures the proper functioning of security trust services within his security domain in line with IT security policies. Recommends and advises on new or improved security services to Cyber security Management
- Review the secure design and implementation of the infrastructure and network infrastructure e.g. Virtualisation, Anti-malware, system protection, DMZ infrastructure, MPLS and VoIP infrastructure, 802.1x....
- Ensure the adequate functioning of security services in the infrastructure protection and network security domain.
- Produces documented security services, technical standards or principles.
- Act as security subject matter expert in a security domain and be the security point of contact for the business and project teams.
- The successful candidate must be a service oriented, organised and independent security professional with solid experience in the security domain or in the IT infrastructure solution architecture.
- The candidate must be a team player who communicates in an open, respectful and constructive way with his customers and peers, both verbally and in writing. The candidate will take ownership and ensure that organisational quality standards are met.
- The candidate must be a very good communicator in English, both verbal and written, and able to discuss and defend the security interests with individuals and groups of Senior business people as well as deep technical IT experts.
- The candidate must have proven experience in security risk assessments, development of functional security requirements, process design and management reporting. Experience in security design, architecture and project management is a strong advantage.
- 1) Sound security design principles, based on confidentiality, integrity and availability requirements and other Iso27002 security principles are an asset;
- 2) Unix and Windows System security and assurance - Application security knowledge is a plus;
- 3) Networking & Firewalls: sufficient background knowledge with regard to network principles and protocols used in WAN and LAN's, DMZ, Internet security, Remote access, network segregation
- 4) Knowledge of and experience with network security technologies including Firewalls, web application Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, VPN, security assessments, and centralized logging. Understanding of industry best practices as it relates to security on network architecture.
- Preferred professional certifications are CISSP, GIAC, ISO 27001 La/Li. Product network security certification e.g. Windows, Unix, Cisco or Checkpoint Certified Security Professional (CCSP, CCNP) are an asset
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.