For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a Dev Engineer.
As a Dev Engineer, you will be part of a team within the IT tribe Assisted Channels, the IT Area “Cash and devices”. Your team will work following Agile methodologies and best practices.
Your main responsibilities
- You propose solutions to business requirements, estimate workload and develop solutions
- You improve your knowledge of the domain to bring the right solution
- You ensure continuity maintaining the platform and work towards migrating its components to the service-based target architecture
- You find the right level of documentation to make sure that sufficient knowledge is available and shared within the team
- You recognize and highlight risk issues on the platform and offer guidance to stay in control by driving structural improvements
- You stay tuned to new trends and technologies to bring innovative solutions to the platform
- You bring the right mind set and work as a team in a pragmatic approach
- You take full ownership in building and running the platform
- You actively participate in the planning and estimation of tasks
- You participate in stand-ups, Sprint demos and retrospectives
- You work together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and take initiative in expanding knowledge (both within and outside of your area of expertise) that is relevant for the Tribe in which you work.
- You develop and maintain the teams' applications
As an Dev Engineer/Tester you will need to:
- Be educated in computer software engineering
- Have a solid experience as a Java developer
- SQL programming: syntax, objects utilisation and optimisation
- Show a real interest in the ATM domain and eager to learn more
- Be customer focused and a team player - One Team for The Customer
- Adhere to the Agile philosophy and the DevOps concept
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Have a proven knowledge of Continuous Delivery using GIT, Jenkins and Artifactory
- Setting up of test environments, designing test plans, developing test cases/scenarios/usage cases, and executing these cases
- Have an excellent written and spoken knowledge of English, knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an asset
And ideally, you
- Be experienced in Agile and Continuous Delivery practices
- Be pro-active, assertive and a good communicator
- Have an understanding of technologies used in the ATM domain: CEN-Xfs, PCI, ATM security & risk, Hardware from different vendors (NCR, Diebold...), software from Kal, monitoring and reporting, testing.
- You know your way around in the ATM world
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.