Are you a DevOps Engineer actively looking for a new challenge ?
Do you have a background in the financial world and an interest for the banking sector ?
You want to work in Brussels in an ever changing environments using the latest tools and technologies ?
Make sure to have a look at this new job offer !
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic Ops Engineer with a passion for IT and positive can-do mindset. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad whom primary driver is the customer perspective. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
You have a broad and diverse set of competencies that allow you to bring into production and under management, operate, solve incidents and even decommission the applications and/or infrastructure services of your squad, and that allow you to automate as much of the operating and maintenance work as possible.
As an Ops Engineer, you contribute to accomplishing the squad's mission. You do this by working on the customer journey from the backlog, using the Agile method end-to-end. You continuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues
You will join the chapter “OpsEngineering” in the IT Area “Contributing”, located in Brussels.
Your key responsibilities
The Ops Engineer bears primary responsibility for the stability of applications/ infrastructure stacks, identifies application and system-related problems and takes the lead in resolving incidents. Your tasks consist of monitoring, management, studying, testing and running the application / service. You proactively monitor the technical behaviour and performance in all aspects for the entire stack in order to prevent problems. When necessary, you take on IT development tasks. This means you can contribute to completion of all activities in the backlog.
The following items are vital in this:
Contribute to the new way of working:
- You work together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and take initiative in expanding knowledge (both within and outside of your area of expertise) that is relevant for the Tribe in which you work.
- You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute to all sprint events (planning, refinements, retrospectives, demos).
- Where possible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the mission, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
- You have an up-to-date vision regarding IT expertise and you also have functional knowledge of some Banking Business domains.
- You are able to get all typical and other backlog items (user stories) from 'to do' to 'done'.
- You understand the functional and non-functional requirements of the IT product you operate
- You understand and monitor the entire stack's technology on which the application runs and how it fits in the overall chain.
- You provide level-2 support in deploying and running an application / stack in production.
- You specify, design and conduct Performance and Acceptance tests (including High Availability and Disaster Recovery Tests) with support from the Dev Engineer.
- You configure and implement Monitoring Tooling using the correct Event Alerts, as agreed with the Master Control Room.
- You implement the security and risk management policy so that the system is secure at operating system, database and application server level.
- You contribute to Incident, Problem and Change Management, including writing user stories for resolving problems.
- You contribute to Life Cycle Management for the system .
- You apply continuous delivery practices:
- Manage all resources in version-controlled repositories (incl., code, scripts, configurations, artefacts, static resources)
- Refactor and reuse existing code/modules/functionality
- Write fully automated tests (e.g., unit-, functional-, non-functional- and integration testing)
- Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitive or error prone tasks
- Develop Micro Services and APIs
Contribute to team and personal development:
- You contribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receiving feedback.
- As an experienced Ops Engineer, you coach less experienced colleagues to help their individual development.
- You are responsible for developing your own expertise.
- You gather, update and spread knowledge about developments and challenges regarding your field and embed lessons learned and best practices.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As an Ops Engineer you will also need:
Skills and competences:
- Passion for IT
- Strong team player, empowering and challenging squad/chapter members to foster collaboration and individual development
- IT market focus: seeking for major trends in the new way of working, including Lean IT, continuous delivery, cloud processes, etc.
- Problem solving skills to structure and improve complex situations
- End-to-end ownership mindset: Independent and autonomous in completing tasks, taking responsibilities whenever needed as always striving for consumer value
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Eager to learn and ability to coach others
Experience and specialized knowledge:
- Experience working in Agile organisation and good understanding of Agile/DevOps practices and methodologies (Agile/Scrum, Scaling, Continuous Delivery, automated testing).
- Ability to master several engineering skills :
- Performance testing and tuning
- Monitoring & Alerting
- Continuous Delivery (Compile, Build, Package, Deploy)
- Security & IT Risk
- Networking and Storage
- Capacity management
- Performing Stack Life Cycle
- Data management
- Database & Middleware
- Coding and/or package integration
- Track record of developing high quality software products and infrastructure stacks
- Expertise in multiple programming / scripting languages
- Experience with performance, capacity monitoring and system administration tooling and practices
- Broad understanding of technologies, banking business domains and consumer needs
- Experienced knowledge in the following domains:
- Operating systems: Unix based platforms (AIX, Linux), Windows
- Oracle database/RDBMS 12C/19c and multi-tenancy
- Oracle Automatic Storage management (ASM), Grid Infrastructure
- Oracle Data Guard
- Oracle Real application cluster (RAC) , knowledge or RAC is an asset
- Oracle Recover manager (RMAN)
- Azure DevOps
- Scripting (Shell & SQL) , EMCLI/Jython
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Cloud Control
- Knowledge of Oracle Exadata & ZDLRA is an asset
- Experience in multiple database migration scenarios
- Security concepts (database security, authentication, certificates management, PKI)
- Familiarity on Identity & User access management using Role based access control
Education and Professional certifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent by experience
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English
- Certifications and/or proven proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages
We redefine banking. What about you?
Are you interested in this position or do you have any question ?
Don't hesitate to APPLY via the button below.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.
The Recruitment Team