For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a Strategic Transformation Lead Life Insurance.
As Strategic Transformation lead, you will be integrated in the Business Transformation team, where autonomy, collaboration, customer focus, commitment and positive mindset are crucial to succeed.
You will focus on the “Life Insurance” domain and you will collaborate with the Business unit to ensure we do the right investments, at the right time, in order to achieve the strategic objectives.
The overall vision is to reposition as the Pension Company for employers, self-employed and individuals. Therefore, this business is considered as Core while the other life products and services are now considered as Non-Core. The company develops a growth strategy on the Core and an optimization strategy on the non-Core.
To implement them, the business unit must perform several transformations initiatives. You role consists to plan, prepare and guide these strategic transformations initiatives and consolidate them with your colleagues.
Next to the “Life insurance” domain, you will also act as Strategic Transformation Lead for the “Regulatory & Compliance” initiatives (eg. MiFID, Sigedis,...)
As part of the team, you will take the ownership of your domain for the following three dimensions
- Plan : Build and manage a multi-year roadmap, from a content and financial perspective.
- Prepare & Guide: Take the lead of the preparation phase of the business transformation initiatives of your domain and defend the case together with your Business partners in appropriate governance bodies; provide guidance to the engineering teams to secure delivery phase.
- Consolidate: Ensure consistency between the transformation initiatives of your domain and the others and provide a consolidated view on transformation.
As Strategic Transformation Lead, your responsibilities will be to
- Ensure adequacy between business strategy of the “Life” domain and IT activities.
- Identify required evolution of capabilities and delivery priorities of your domain.
- Deliver an “IT transformation roadmap”, taking delivery constraints (such as dependencies) into account.
- Guarantee transversal consistency with other domains initiatives/roadmap.
- Prepare the first stage of key transformation initiative, securing business goals and initiating the Agile delivery phase.
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration to prioritize the delivery of projects related to Legal and Compliance.
- Ensure the realization of the business value during the delivery phase, and take appropriate actions when needed.
- Communicate and manage your stakeholders, cross-domains and at all level of the organization, to secure and validate your domain transformation consistency. Identify and follow market trends for your domain, acting as a real partner, challenger, and advisor for your colleagues.
- Support decision taking by helping business to gain in maturity through structure and comprehensive analysis, using Business Architecture models and viewpoints.
In the Business Transformation department, you will also support the development of the team
- Contribute to the team's competence to enhance Business architectural skills and method, in a continuous improvement mode.
- Acting as role model by being open, positive and enthusiastic in leading change and collaboration.
- Share to succeed.
- Positioning oneself as key player in the most important strategic initiatives and promoting the value of the expertise.
As a Strategic Transformation lead, you have
- A master degree or equivalent experience and you have minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- An experience in “Life” domain (Products, process, business solutions,...) and in using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business.
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the insurance business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance.
- You can recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies.
- The ability to
- Assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues.
- Abstract concepts from details and examples, and in the meantime, the ability to communicate pragmatically on these.
- Visualize and create high-level models that can be reused in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture.
- You can communicate efficiently with leaders from both the business and IT.
And you also are
- Fluent in French or Dutch and you are able to read/write English and understand Dutch/French.
- A very good communicator with the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations. You deliver persuasive presentations.
- Results oriented.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work in a collaborative model side by side with business and with Enterprise Architects.
- A Team player who is able to work effectively at all levels of an organization, with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- Able to deal with competing priorities and pressure and to influence and handle possible conflicts.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.