- Business analysis, architecture and design of information systems.
- Review of the business architecture of existing systems
- Business process modelling
- Business case analysis
- Functional analysis of business requirements
- Analysis of the integration of different information systems
- Data analysis and data modelling.
- Interface between the customer, users, project leaders and the developers
- Assistance with the implementation of the technical architecture
- Assistance in the testing and the technical documentation, the deployment, the evaluation and the reporting
- The work will be carried out on the Commission's premises in Brussels.
- The methodology used for development is based on Agile and RUP;
- ARIS BPM for business process modelling
- CoRA for business architecture
- Atlassian suite (including Confluence and Jira)
- All documents must be written in MS Word 2010 (or higher).
- The working languages are English and French.
- Knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g. web services, message oriented middleware)
- Ability to give business and technical presentations.
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings
- Ability to understand, speak and write in English andFrench (level B2).
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work with a high degree of rigour and method and, more specifically, to follow naming conventions and coding standards
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on a large project
- As the applications managed and maintained in DIGIT.B.2 contain personal and confidential data, a high degree of discretion and integrity is required from all our staff members.
The service provider shall have the following expertise:
Expertise in Business Analysis:
- In depth knowledge of modelling techniques (BPMN and UML)
- Excellent mastering of functional and non-functional requirements
- Knowledge of business analysis tools (e.g. Aris)
- Multiple years' work experience with BPMN
- Strong capacity in data modeling
- Strong capacity to give high level presentations
- Good understanding of the use of Atlassian suite for Business analysis purposes
- Good understanding of Web security and GDPR
Expertise in Project management:
- Excellent knowledge in Commission's project management methodology: PM2 or similar (Prince 2 or PMP)
- Certification in at least one of the following methodologies: PM2, Prince 2, PMP or ITIL
- Good knowledge of project management standards, practices and tools
- Excellent knowledge of Agile/Scrum
- Good understanding of the use of Atlassian suite for project management purposes
- Good reporting skills and experience
Expertise in Testing and Test management:
- Good knowledge of testing methodologies and tools
- Ability to write test strategies, test plans, test cases, focus on customer goals
- Ability to coordinate a team performing Quality/testing activities as well as helping client with UAT tests
- Initiative to work with others / propose solutions to speed up quality goals
Expertise in other software engineering areas:
- Excellent understanding of information systems lifecycle
- Extensive experience in data architecture and modelling
- Good knowledge of relational DBMS (Oracle) and database scripting (PL/SQL)
- Good knowledge of Java and JEE
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
- Good understanding of Enterprise Architecture
- Experience with optimisation of processes and performance will be a plus