For several long term missions at the European Institutions, Cronos is looking for : Helpdesk Operator / Support Manager / System Administrator
1. Helpdesk Operator
- Making an initial assessment of incidents, attempting to resolve.?
- Recording and tracking incident and problem information in a ticketing system
- Monitoring progress of incident resolution relative to the appropriate SLA
- Managing the incident life-cycle, including closure and verification
- Participate in reconfiguration and installation of PC environment
- Follows standard service desk procedures & processes
- Advises staff on appropriate action & maintain the ownership of the incident & ensures updates
- Serves as liaison between staff and the technology department to resolve issues & redirect issues to the appropriate resources.
- Experience in a similar job
- Excellent knowledge of all round IT (Microsoft Office, Hardware, Windows ...)
- Experience with ticketing systems (HP Service Center...)
- Knowledge of/or experience in ITIL environment is big advantage.?
- Fluent English and French
- Capable of working in an international and multicultural environment
- Team player and strong communication skills
2. Support Manager
Nature of the Tasks
- Organisation , implementation and maintenance of (IS) support
- Coordination of support teams
- IS Service management
- Coordination with the project teams
- Coordination of wiki sites, collaborative sites or social networks
- Follow-up of service quality
- Management and follow-up of user requests
- Guidance regarding the use of information systems
- Management of incidents related to information systems; organisation of the reporting
- Conception and organisation of user documentation for information systems
- Conception and management of IS and ICT trainings
- Participation in user, service and project meetings
Knowlege and Skills
- Proven knowledge in end user assistance or support of information systems
- Excellent knowledge of ITIL
- Good IT skills
- Knowledge of wiki, collaborative sites and social networks
- Excellent communication / writing skills.
- Good reporting methods.
- Ability to give presentations.
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills.
- Capability of working in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team; leadership capability.
- Able to cope with the needs of multi-language site deployment.
3. System Administrator
Nature of the Tasks
- Administration of DG-specific infrastructures, systems and services, such as file and print-services, RDS service, DG-specific systems and software and hosted applications
- 2nd level support. ? Installation and configuration of system components and server software
- Operating and monitoring of infrastructure, systems, servers ? perform configuration management tasks & procedures
- “Incident handling, problem handling:
- analysis and resolution, problem definition, analysis and resolution: preliminary diagnosis of software and Hardware problems, co-ordination with the central IT departments “
- Advise in areas such as capacity management, contingency planning, IT service continuity management, automation of repetitive tasks, security
- Coordinate with hosting services
- Coordinate with database management teams
- Scripting & configurations in context of systems & infrastructure
- Handling of backups and restore operations of systems & infrastructure
- Participate in defining and documenting configuration of systems & infrastructure
- Participate in defining and documenting operational procedures
- Participate in architectural design/reviews ? Draft technical content for knowledge base for use of upstream support teams
- Evaluation and implementation of security standards
- Security administration and monitoring, in adherence to the security rules imposed by the Commission's central security service (complemented by local rules where needed); under supervision of the LISO (Local Information Security Officer) ? Participation in coordination and project meetings
Knowledge and Skills
- Expert knowledge of the Windows or Unix or Linux operating system in the versions used in the Commission.
- ITIL knowledge Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, ease of communication.
- Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team.
- Able to cope with the fast changing technologies.
- Able to cope with the needs of multi-language deployments.