Degroof Petercam is currently implementing a new “Enterprise Data Warehouse” with Data Vault modeling to support its data strategy. In this context, we are looking for a data modeler to design, document and manage the different data models of the company. The position is part of the IT Data Management department.
- Define and govern data modeling and design standards, tools, best practices.
- Build and maintain the conceptual model in collaboration with the different business stakeholders;
- Build and maintain the data models of the IT Data platform: Integration/Enterprise layer and Datamarts;
- Share the knowledge within and outside the team pro-actively;
- Collaborate with business, project managers, functional analysts and solution architects;
- Understand business requirements and build a functional analysis which covers needs of the business according to the target BI reference architecture.
- Provide cost estimates to data related projects
- You have a Master's degree/ Engineering degree or equivalence by experience
- Banking industry modeling. Experience in Private/Investment Banking is a plus;
- Conceptual, logical and physical modeling;
- Enterprise Data Modeling. Knowledge of SQL language;
- Proven track with Datawarehouse modeling approaches: Data Vault + Kimball or InMon;
- Experience with Data Modeling tools like: SparX Enterprise Architect, erwin or PowerDesigner;
- Good communication and influencing skills;
- Good analytical and synthesis skills;
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude and team player
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance;