Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multinational and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Consulting practice within Deloitte has a strong reputation and track record as Business Performance Consultants. We are a recognized leader in helping clients solve complex business problems, differentiated by our ability to execute on the advice we provide. Our multi-disciplinary competencies allow us to address CXO issues from every angle.
Deloitte Digital is a part of our Consulting Practice, in which we focus on digital transformation. By leveraging user-centric thinking, design capabilities, new technologies and Cloud solutions, we empower our clients and allow them to rethink how they connect with their customers across every platform, every device and every step of the customer journey. Our approach is to start from the customer or the user needs, convert them into concepts, design tangible prototypes, and finally develop and implement concrete solutions, always keeping in mind the business impact they entail. Organised in Digital Experience and Digital Customer teams, our consultants deliver disruptive innovations, relying on their business and technology knowledge, along with their creative capabilities.
As a Front-End Developer at Deloitte Digital, you'll be responsible for developing cutting-edge digital solutions. You'll have the chance to work with some of the best Developers, UX Designers and Strategy thinkers in the business, delivering world-class digital solutions for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. For us, Developers are not people who are locked in a room to churn out code to match a large paper based specification. They need to work alongside our clients and their customers to combine deep technical expertise with innovative thinking and a strong understanding of what makes businesses and their customers tick. It's the combination of these skills and ways of working that helps us deliver the best digital experiences.
Are you strong in developing front-end solutions? Do you feel comfortable already in multiple frameworks and are you looking beyond front-end? Are you interested in how mobile applications work? Are you curious to see how backend systems can empower your front-end rather than limit them? Are you interested in the full picture and find solutions?
Then you are our next Web Engineer, Front-End Specialist.
- Be responsible for helping our clients to establish cutting-edge internet, intranet and mobile websites. You are a subject matter expert and will participate on projects in a wide range of digital disciplines from Wcm strategies to social commerce;
- Work with delivery teams to help guide and create capable digital solutions, operating in a flexible and iterative way with the technical and creative resources that are central to digital innovation and execution;
- Provide our clients with advice on digital change, helping them to exploit web, mobile and social media to strengthen their brand and grow their business;
- Work with both our clients and the Deloitte Digital teams to support them through digital and multichannel transformation programs.
- A Bachelor, Master degree or equivalent, combined with post-graduate experience in consulting or industry
- A level of knowledge equivalent to 3 to 5 years working in a professional development environment, producing web / mobile / enterprise solutions
- A passion for digital and technology;
- On top of this expertise, knowledge of back-end technologies (Java, nodejs, .NET) and have worked on projects that integrate your front-end work with management systems (Adobe Experience Manager, SiteCore, SAP Hybris, Salesforce.com, Wordpress, Confluence, ...);
- Very strong in front-end and are interested in all technology which goes beyond this specialization;
- You are a team player who enjoys working with others to solve problems and share knowledge;
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment;
- A balance of logical problem solving and innovative thinking;
- Involvement in the entire project lifecycle, from feasibility studies, estimation and analysis to delivery
- Experience working in development teams using Agile development methods such as Scrum;
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills (English + Dutch or French);
- Open to travel.
Additional desirable experience includes
- Design skills (Photoshop, Sketch, ...)
- Development skills (Java, nodejs, .NET, ...)
- Team Lead & Project Management skills
- A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are encouraged
- Opportunities for learning where needed
- An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.