Connecting Business & Technology
Devoteam is a large international and independent ICT Services Provider with almost 5000 employees in 23 countries in Europe, Middle East and North Africa of whom more than 250 are working in the Belgium Luxembourg Cluster. With our central vision 'Connecting Business & Technology', we aim to be the value partner for our customers that provides efficient ICT services and gradually integrates enriching innovations supporting our customers' business growth.
Think Global, Act Local
Devoteam has a global aligned ICT services portfolio in 7 key domains (IT Transformation, Cloud Transformation, IT Service Excellence, Mobility, Telecom Network Transformation, Data & Information Management, Risk & Security) enhanced with selected partnerships with leading vendors in the Industry allowing us to provide best-of-breed solutions. We continuously invest and deepen our know-how in the fast moving & innovating ICT environment.
The Devoteam Spirit
In this people oriented business, our people are key to the success of Devoteam:
their passion for ICT, their ability to connect to customer's needs, their eagerness for continuous training and specialization, their excellent skills to closely collaborate with our customers and colleagues. Those bring to Devoteam a company culture with an entrepreneurial & strong team spirit, built on our corporate values 'Passion', 'Respect' & 'Frankness'.
As a Devoteam employee you will benefit from a coherent career development platform and you will be connected with an international community of 5000 Devoteam professionals.
Devoteam - Junior Media Solutions Engineer (ref. DEV-JMSE)
- As Junior Media Solutions Engineer you will be part of Devoteam's Solution Integration and Telco Business Unit.
- Typically, Solution Integration & Telco consultants design and conceive technical architectures, and run benchmarks as well as advice our customers on technical choices.
- They conduct diagnostics and technical surveys of the IT infrastructure, and evaluate and monitor technical impacts of new solutions.
- Above all, Solution Integration & Telco consultants manage technical standards: tools, processes, norms, security...
- You become exited - from a technical point of view - when you hear Video Streaming, Digital & Interactive TV, Video on Demand, Set-top box, DLNA, Media Center
- You feel comfortable when confronted with Unix, Linux, Databases, SQL
- Cisco Network Administration nor Wireshark make you scratch your head
- You are not scared by hearing SOAP, Rest, XML, HTML 5, WebServices, Scripting, .NET, Java, PHP, Perl, Python, Ajax or Bash scripting
- Then you are the person we are looking for!
- As Junior Media Solutions Engineer you will play an active role in the integration and roll-out of solutions in the broad domain of media (Media Center, Digital & Interactive TV, Video Streaming, Video on Demand, Media clients, Video on Demand, Set-top-boxes).
- You assist in the delivery and integration of end-to-end solutions using a series of necessary components like Application Services, Middleware Platforms, Databases, Adaptors and Server Platforms while also paying attention to maintainability and controllability of the overall solution.
- Delivering a solution means:
- Defining the solution together with colleagues and external suppliers
- First validation of the deliverables making sure that what is delivered is according to expectations
- Integrating parts of the solution into the total solution, gluing partial solutions together making it a total and working whole.
- Interaction with internal and external supplier to fine-tune the solution and learn other useful capabilities of the solution
- Activities are typically performed at customer site where the designed solution needs to be deployed in project mode.
- Bachelor or Master in IT or Telecom
- A distinct passion for technology
- “Can do” spirit and eager to learn
- Social and good communicator
- You are capable of working in a team and activities are assigned in task packages based on skills, experiences, interest and responsibility.
- A thoroughly understanding of:
- General IT. Media and/or telecommunication technologies are a big plus.
- networks: Cisco Network Administration
- systems: Unix, Linux, SQL
- Professional proficiency in English (spoken and written), and in at least one of the main national languages (Dutch, French).
- At Devoteam we excel your career trough exciting project opportunities, continuous development, and challenging roles.
- We offer a global career path and a transparent career model.
- Our career tracks include IT Management Consulting, IT Service Excellence, and Network Transformation.
- Through our annual career cycle and mentorship model, we ensure continuous feedback based on formal evaluations and project appraisals.
A market conform salary plus interesting fringe benefits such as health/group insurance and a company car.