Devoteam is an IT consulting group founded in 1995. Combining consulting and technology solutions enables Devoteam to provide its customers with independent advice and effective solutions that meet their strategic objectives (IT performance and optimization) in complementary areas: networks, systems infrastructure, security and e-business applications.
The group has known a major growth in the last seventeen years and counts 5000 employees in 25 countries across Europe, the Middle East and North Africa, of whom almost 250 are working in the Belgian branch. Devoteam Belgium is divided in three service modes : Expertise - Solutions - Consulting, this over 7 competence domains. We are looking for several colleagues to join and reinforce our Telecom & Media divisions.
The success of our company is based on its strong corporate values:
Frankness, Passion and Respect
They bring to Devoteam a great team spirit and growing expertise. It gives you the possibility to collaborate closely with your colleagues and clients on a long term basis. Above all a team of professionals is always there to support our employees on all levels.
Devoteam - Telecom Application Services / Testing Engineer (ref. TEST ENG)
You are prepared to work at a Network Operator or Telecom Infrastructure vendor in Belgium on a wide range of engineering activities like services roadmap evolution and corresponding upgrades, network planning, service design/routing and implementation in the network, solution optimizations, service migration, 3rd party vendor management, E2E validation testing...
- Solution Architect level
- You have an end-to-end solution focus. You translate the customer needs to a technical solution and detailed technical requirements, assist in implementation and service rollout as the project evolves. Technical SPOC within the project.
- You have a broad view on market trends, technical evolution and vendor offerings.
- You are able to summarize technical complexities of a requested solution and present it to non-technical people.
- Expert level
- You analyze (business) requirements and do the technical design and realize the implementation/configuration in the involved components.
- You can implement/configure the services in the staging system and do E2E validation testing
- Write documentation/deliverables (configuration manual, test strategy, best common practices...)
- Technical project follow up and reporting.
- Knowledge sharing and training of customer employees.
- 3rd level support towards 'operations department'
- Soft skills:
- Real team player Work self empowered, take initiative
- Flexible mindset , able to define workarounds
- Technical skills:
- Degree in computer science (i.e. Master or Bachelor) or an equivalent qualification with proven expertise in the mentioned fields
- Good Knowledge in one or more of the following domains:
- Fixed NGN/IMS based core network solution, components and VOIP call flows
- Mobile R99, R4 Solution, components and call flows
- Network Signaling and Call Handling / Routing (legacy SS7, Next Gen IP)
- Protocols IP, SCTP, SCCP, MAP, INAP, M3UA
- Value add services like mobile messaging, voice mail, mobile Internet,
- IP Networking, Network - Network Interconnect L3 IP Routing in core, VLAN
- Access as in Home / Residential Gateways.
- Server Technology (routing protocols, switches, gateways, routers, firewalls, backbones, Cloud computing, Virtualization)
- Knowledge of OS Platforms Linux, Solaris and Windows
- SUN Solaris or SUN Cluster, Load Balancing, Multicasting.
- Protocol simulators / analyzers (Wireshark, Radcom, Malden, Smartbit, K1297, IPSL, ...)
- Provisioning & Integration in OSS/BSS
A dynamic and international company, which offers the opportunity to its consultants to work in specialized environments and to develop their skills, in order to stay on top of the technology.
A competitive salary with a great deal of extralegal advantages (a company car included)