Within Dover Fueling Solutions (Dfs), the Systems Business Unit is responsible for defining and managing the full product portfolio. This includes fuel station management products (Fuel POS, Fusion...), a range of payment terminals (Crypto Vga, Crypto Ipt, Ixpay...) and a full suite of host products (Oase, Petrol Manager, Smos...) As a Product Support Engineer, you become part of the technical backbone of the Sbu for the EMEA region. You will receive a primarily on-the-job training and will become part of a strong team of professionals in an international environment.
- You acquire in-depth technical know-how into all our products.
- You get involved in new projects from the start. Your role is to understand the project scope and identify the technical go-to-market requirements. As such, you validate the deliverables from the Engineering group and perform a pre-customer acceptance test.
- In the case of direct customers, you support the customer at installing the project in their own lab and you follow up the customer acceptance tests. You support the customer in initial pilot installations.
- In the case of our distributors (indirect customers), you organize a professional handover of the project to the distributor in combination with the Product Manager.
- Problem Management: you are the first point of contact for problems emanating from the field. Your role is to analyze the problem, where possible propose an immediate solution or workaround and/or provide the analysis to the software or Hardware engineers. You log problems/defects into the ticketing system and follow up the corrective action from start to finish.
- Change & Release management: you bring corrective actions through new release validation to our direct customers and distributors. This involves thorough knowledge of the related deployment tools.
- You take part in the training of our distributors support organization (Level 2 support engineers and/or local level 3 technical support)
- Where applicable you participate in global and local certifications related to card payments and fiscal requirements.
- Candidate Experience and Qualifications: Higher education (Bachelor/Master) in Computer Science/ICT, Electronics or equal by experience.
- Essential Functions:
- Database engines (Sqlite, MS SQL Server), Microsoft Operation system. Knowledge of Linux is a surplus. Hardware knowledge is a surplus.
- General knowledge of MS Office (word, excel, outlook, etc.)
- Fluent in Dutch & English. (French is a clear benefit but not essential)
- Team player.
- Eager to learn and grow within a professional team.
- Good communications skills.
- Position Title: Product Support Engineer
- Location: Turnhout, Belgium
- Reports to: Product Support Team Manager