Econocom - Database Administrator
We are looking for a Database Administrator for an opportunity in Brussels.
You will have the chance to evolve in technical environment including: HP Unix, Linux, Windows, VMware,Tomcat, Oracle DB & MS SQL Server.
For the management of the databases of the different systems, we are looking for a DBA whose area of responsibility will be to put the databases continuously, safely and efficiently at the disposal of the users. The consistency of the data between the different databases must therefore be guaranteed.
The majority of the databases are of the Oracle type, the others are of the MS SQL Server type.
We are looking for a database specialist with varied interests, able to dive into a technology according to the needs. An interest in server management and Storage is an added value.
- Service requests & ticketting:
- You provide second and third line support for database technical service requests & tickets
- You are in charge of coordinating problem solving, between the various ICT disciplines, and 3rd line support for external suppliers
- You are responsible for knowledge management through the development of standard procedures for the 1st line
- Proactif database monitoring: You monitor database performance via standard tools
- Database backup, recovery & cloning: You are responsible for setup, monitoring & maintenance
- Change requests: Your mission is to propose and defend realistic improvement initiatives
- You have a bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent by experience
- You have at least 3 years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator
- You have in-depth knowledge of Hardware, software and related tools for Oracle databases
- You have in-depth knowledge of Unix & Linux Essentials, Oracle DBA Administration, Dataprotector 9
- Knowledge of Oracle Failsafe, Oracle DataGuard, Oracle 12c, Oracle Streams, MS SQL Server in AlwaysOn groups
- You work solution-oriented and task-oriented
- You are able to organize your work autonomously
- In agreement with your colleagues, you are able to develop and defend a vision in order to make the right Hardware and software choices
- You make decisions for the skills that are assigned to you and are able to estimate when the line of authority should be involved.
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English
If you are interested in this function and if you have the skills required, please send your most updated CV via the button below.