Econocom designs, finances and oversees companies’ digital transformation. With over 9.000 employees in 19 countries and revenue in excess of € 2.3 billion, Econocom has all the requisite abilities to ensure the successful implementation of large-scale digital projects : consulting, sourcing and technology management & financing of digital assets, infrastructure, application and business solution services, and project financing. The Econocom Group share is part of the BelMid index.
Join Econocom & start your digital adventure ! #digitalforallnow
Econocom - Second Line Support Engineer
Key responsibilities are the following
- handling of an incident when it can't be resolve by the 1st line or when target times for 1st level resolution are exceeded
- troubleshooting, diagnosis and recovery of incidents using technical logs, applications designs and functional knowledge and when required for involving specialist support groups or third-party suppliers (3rd Level Support).
- contribute to maximizing first-line on-the-spot fixes (coaching, maintaining KB, recording findings from the resolution of incidents for future use, etc.)
- make sure that the incident is actually resolved and that all information required to describe the Incident's life-cycle is supplied in sufficient detail.
- owner of the major incidents and therefore coordinates with other teams and management to ensure regular status updates to stakeholders and restoration of service (and user productivity)
- Pro-active User information: you inform users and Service Desk of service failures or interruption as soon as these are known, so that users and Service Desk are in a position to adjust themselves to interruptions.
- Pro-active incident detection : you monitor all events that occur through applications eco-systems to detect, handle and escalate events (warning or exception conditions).
- you escalate in due time according the Incident Escalation Rules
- to be a key-player in restoring users productivity
- to be the link between different teams and management into coordinating the resolution of incidents
- to put at good use your communication skills in combination with your technical know-how and functional knowledge into direct help to users
- to get in direct contact with notaries in order to understand complex requests, incidents and problems
- Required skills:
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar role;
- Customer minded and a high level of integrity;
- A good knowledge of ITIL;
- A general understanding of the networking (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP , SMTP...);
- A good knowledge of application servers (Tomcat, Apache, DataPower);, Windows and Linux;
- Knowledge of AppDynamics, Omnitracker and Teamviewer are a plus
- Soft Skills:
- Highly customer minded, the idea that a user's issue might be left unsolved is unacceptable to you;
- An excellent communicator, you easily switch between technical and practical conversations while making sure your message is understood in all situations;
- Able to navigate through the company in order to find your way to the information you need;
- Passionate about learning, you want to acquire a deeper knowledge of our products;
- Language Skills: Nederlands - Frans
If you are interested in this function and if you have the skills required, please send your most updated CV via the button below.