Econocom - System Engineer / End User
- Managing the End User computing environment:
- Design and implement Microsoft patching strategy for Windows desktops and notebooks.
- Provide deployment, administration, access, and configuration functions
- Develop schedules to support software deployment, release upgrades, and patch management
- Manage Hardware/software collection inventories and software target groups
- Develop scripts and macro programs to automate standard image install/support process using SCCM, Group Policies or WDS
- Diagnose SCCM desktop deployment issues and perform root cause analyses.
- Create and manage group policies for computer management in Active Directory
- Build, test, support and upgrade enterprise desktop images in line with agreed change management process. (this includes image LifeCycle management)
- Build and test automated software distribution packaging and scripts.
- Maintain and provide day-to day support of the desktop security and Antivirus environment, including the related management tools (MC Afee epo-console, Avecto privilege guard, ..)
- Respect agreed change management process and other IS relevant policies.
- 2nd/3rd line support
- Serve as an escalation point for desktop support related issues.
- Troubleshoot various software configurations including MS operating systems, MS Office, COTS applications and printing on all platforms that IS supports.
- Documentation & Problem Management:
- Provide documentation, both for end users and co-workers, and/or working procedures related to installation, management, and support of supported EUC equipment and configurations.
- Provide knowledge articles and resolution descriptions for incidents resolved by 3rd line subject matter expert (you) to enable the level 1 and level 2 support engineers to resolve similar incidents upon next occurrence.
- Prevent issues by proactively diagnosing personal computer Hardware and software problems and developing/implementing a solution.
- Research the latest product patches and fixes.
- Maintain corporate standards:
- Contribute to and advice on the development of corporate standards for end user devices, desktop OS and standard COTS office applications, in cooperation with Infrastructure architecture team, and present for approval to CAB.
- Conduct periodical review to ensure compliance to standards, and communicate results to Team Lead
- Service scope: Global Service Center operations, covering all end user related equipment and software (e.g. printers, notebooks, desktops, Phones, and related software) for alllocations globally.
- This represents approximately 9500 PC's and software catalogue >1000 individual software and portfolio of > 400 remote installation packages
- Min 7 years of relevant experience and training in enterprise desktop management in a large environment (> 5000 desktops), preferably within a corporation active in manufacturing domain
- Min. 5 years' experience with management of enterprise desktop management tools in a Microsoft environment (AD, SCCM)
- Min. 5 years' experience with Microsoft Active Directory and management of group policies
- Min 10 years' experience in 2nd or 3rd line desktop support
- Experience in incident management
- Experience in leading small to medium-sized projects.
- Bachelor degree (or equal through experience)
- Good knowledge and understanding of incident management protocols and procedures
- ITIL foundation certification is a plus
- Microsoft certifications (Windows 10, SCCM) are a plus.
- Expert knowledge of computer Hardware including processors, motherboards, network printing and peripherals
- Expert knowledge of Operating Systems and software (Win 10, Win7), Web Browsers, MS Office (2013/2016/365) and common COTS Applications
- In depth knowledge of Active Directory and enterprise desktop management tools in Microsoft environment (SCCM) including imaging, remote application deployment, ..
- In depth knowledge of Operating system deployment in a large Win7/Win10 environment (SCCM Task S Nextequences)
- Good knowledge and experience with enterprise desktop remote assistance tools
- Very good knowledge of VBScript, PowerShell, and Windows batch scripting languages.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on all of the above mentioned domains
- Very good knowledge of broader IT environment is essential (Windows Server, Networking (LAN/WAN), virtualization, ..)
- Good oral and written knowledge of Dutch and English. Knowledge of German or French is a plus.
What We Offer
In addition to a pleasant work environment, we offer a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
As we consider our people to be our most valuable assets, we invest considerable resources to provide on-going training that builds and extends professional, technical and management skills in all areas
If you are interested in this function and if you have the skills required, please send your most updated CV via the button below.